Troubleshooting? Check out our guide here.
In this article
There are 4 simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your D2L course.
Set up PlayPosit in D2L
PlayPosit is integrated into your D2L environment by your administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit to your course and sync your student roster.
- Navigate to a content page and click Add Existing Activities
- Select PlayPosit from the drop down menu
- Click Get Started to access your premium PlayPosit account
Assign a bulb to students
Using Insert Quicklink
- Navigate to a content page and click Add Existing Activities > PlayPosit
- Click Get Started to access your bulbs library
- Locate the bulb you. Click on the triple dot menu > Set Bulb Link
- Select the learner experience:
- Self-paced-- Choose this option if you want learners to take the bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used)
- Broadcast-- Choose this option if you want to project the bulb live, in class and have all learners take the bulb together. Start/stop time and pacing of the video is controlled by the instructor, while learners answer projected questions from their own device (like a clicker)
- To set a Due Date, navigate to the link you just created and select Edit Properties in Place from the dropdown menu
- To input the points possible, click on Assessments and select Grades. Next to the bulb title, click on the dropdown arrow and click Edit Grade Item.
- Note: By default, each PlayPosit link will be worth 100 points
Monitor student responses
In D2L, click on the assignment for which you want to view data and click Monitor
Sync grades to D2L gradebook
- Navigate to the Monitor page
- Click Sync
- Click Status to check the status of the student grade export. Note: It may take a few minutes to push all updated scores into the gradebook.
PlayPosit supports D2L's course copy feature. This means:
- All PlayPosit links and bulbs will transfer to the new course
- If any students are retaking the course, previous scores will be reset automatically
Note: Instructors must launch at least one PlayPosit link in the new course to activate all bulbs. Clicking on one link will activate all others.
PlayPosit/D2L integration does not support embedding bulbs using an embed code.
If instructors choose to use the embed code:
- Students will be prompted to sign into PlayPosit with a username/password
- Grades will not auto-sync from PlayPosit to D2L