Desire2Learn (D2L) Deep Linking/Content Item Message
- Troubleshooting? Check out our guide here.
In this article
There are 4 simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your D2L course.
Set up PlayPosit in D2L
PlayPosit is integrated into your D2L environment by your administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit to your course and sync your student roster.
- Navigate to a content page and click Add Existing Activities.
- Select PlayPosit from the drop down menu. This will open PlayPosit Setup.
- Click Get Started to access your PlayPosit account and open My Bulbs.
Assign a bulb to students
- Navigate to a content page and click Add Existing Activities > PlayPosit.
- Click Get Started to open My Bulbs.
- Locate the Bulb you would like to link to an assignment, and on the right-hand side, click on the triple dot menu > Set Bulb Link.
- Select the learner experience:
- Self-paced - Choose this option if you want learners to take the bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used).
- Broadcast - Choose this option if you want to project the bulb live, in class and have all learners take the bulb together. Start/stop time and pacing of the video is controlled by the instructor, while learners answer projected questions from their own device (like a clicker). For more information, please view this help article.
- To set a Due Date, navigate to the link you just created and select Edit Properties in Place from the dropdown menu. Click Add dates and restrictions..., modify the Start Date, Due Date, and End Date, and then click Update.
- To make the PlayPosit Bulb a graded assignment, click on Grades > Manage Grades. Next to the bulb title, click on the dropdown arrow and click Edit Grade Item. Edit the maximum points.
- Note: By default, each PlayPosit Bulb will be worth 100 points.
Monitor student responses
In D2L, click on the assignment for which you want to view data and click Monitor to open the assignment's Question-by-Question Breakdown dashboard.
Sync grades to D2L grade book
- Click on the Content tab of your navigation bar, and then click on the Bulb for which you want to view student response data to open PlayPosit Setup. Click Monitor.
- On the Bulb's Question-by-Question Breakdown dashboard, click Sync to initiate the process of exporting student grades to your D2L grade book.
- Click Status to check the status of the student grade export. Note: It may take a few minutes to push all updated scores into the grade book.
PlayPosit supports D2L's course copy feature. This means:
- All PlayPosit links and bulbs will transfer to the new course
- If any students are retaking the course, previous scores will be reset automatically
Note: Instructors must launch at least one PlayPosit link in the new course to activate all bulbs. Clicking on one link will activate all others.
PlayPosit/D2L integration does not support embedding bulbs using an embed code.
If instructors choose to use the embed code:
- Students will be prompted to sign into PlayPosit with a username/password
- Grades will not auto-sync from PlayPosit to D2L