Add a Discussion Forum to your lesson to emulate a traditional classroom conversation virtually! Increase student engagement, collaboration and participation and allow learners to learn from each other in addition to you.
Important things to note about Discussion Forum in PlayPosit:
- Students can respond 0-infinity times
- Like discussion forums in your LMS, students can reply to each others comments, link to other pages, and use a rich text editor
- Each comment is linked to a moment in time in the video (if you click the comment, it will take you to the exact moment the student commented)
In this article
How do you add a discussion?
1. Add Question and select 'Discussion Forum
2. Create a title for the Discussion Forum
3. Drag the orange markers on the video timeline to decide when you want the discussion to appear and disappear in the video(this can be for a small portion or throughout the entire length of the bulb).
How do you customize the discussion prompt?
Use the rich text editor to format the title of your discussion forum questions/title. (This will automatically pop up once you start to type in the 'My Question Title' field)
Can you add more than one Discussion Forum to a bulb?
Yes, you can add multiple Discussion Forums to a question. Simply adjust the markers for different time frames in the video and they will appear accordingly.
***Make sure that you do not overlap separate Discussion Forum questions. If you do, this might cause one to be overridden or cause issues to your bulb.
How do you download/export discussions?
1. Go to the Monitor page
2. Select the discussion question
3. Scroll to the top of the page to see the entire transcript
4. Click the purple 'Export Discussion' to export the transcript (which will look like this:)