Moodle (deep linking)
Why use PlayPosit in Moodle?
- Single Sign-on: Instructors and learners are never prompted to enter a separate email, username or password to create or view content.
- Auto-sync course data: PlayPosit manages learner-course relationships, eliminating the need to manually create courses or upload rosters.
- Auto-sync grades: Learner grades are synced immediately with the Moodle Gradebook at the end of a bulb. As well, instructors can access the rich analytics from any PlayPosit link within Moodle.
- Course copy: Instructors can save time by seamlessly translating PlayPosit links to recurring courses. The new course and learner roster is automatically synced and previous data is cleared.
In this article
There are a few simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your Moodle course.
Assign a bulb to students
PlayPosit is integrated into your Moodle environment by your administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit to your course and sync your student roster.
- Login to Moodle and navigate to the course you would like to connect to PlayPosit
- Click Settings > Turn editing on
- Select Add activity or resource
- Select External tool from the Activities menu and click Add
- Do not enter an Activity Name (this will automatically populate from PlayPosit)
- For Preconfigured Tool, choose PlayPosit
- Next, click Select Content
- A PlayPosit setup screen will open. Click Get Started to access your account with your bulb library
Select the learner experience and click Set Link:
- Self-Paced - Choose this option if you want students to take the bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used).
- Live Broadcast - Choose this option if you want to project the bulb live, in class and have all students take the bulb together. Start/stop time and pacing of the video is controlled by the instructor, while students answer projected questions from their own device (like a clicker). For more information, click here.
- The nav notification at the top will confirm that the bulb has been assigned to learners.
- Optional: Customize the Privacy, Grade and other settings for this assignment
- Save and Display
Monitor Student Responses
In Moodle, click on the assignment for which you want to view data. This will open PlayPosit Setup, which will show the PlayPosit bulbs you have linked to this assignment. Click Monitor to view student participation and responses.
Sync Grades to Moodle
If you have graded free-response questions or edited grades for auto-graded questions, you will need to sync changes with the Moodle gradebook. To do this:
Click on the Moodle assignment you want to sync grades for > Monitor
On the Question-By-Question Breakdown, click Sync. You will receive confirmation that the grades have started to sync.
PlayPosit supports Moodle's course copy feature. This means:
- All PlayPosit links and Bulbs will transfer to the new course.
- If any students are retaking the course, previous scores will be reset automatically.
PlayPosit/Moodle LTI integration does not support embedding Bulbs using an embed code.
If instructors choose to use the embed code:
- Students will be prompted to sign into PlayPosit with a username/password.
- Grades will not auto-sync from PlayPosit to Moodle.