In this article
There are 3 simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your Buzz course.
Why use PlayPosit in Buzz?
- Single Sign-on: Instructors and learners are never prompted to enter a separate email, username or password to create or view content.
- Auto-sync course data: We manage learner-course relationships, eliminating the need to manually create courses or upload rosters.
- Auto-sync grades: Learner grades are synced immediately with the Buzz gradebook at the end of a bulb.
Assign a Bulb to learners
PlayPosit is integrated into your Buzz environment by your administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit to your course and sync your student roster.
- Login to Buzz and navigate to the course you would like to connect to PlayPosit.
- From the left menu, click Editor.
- Click Add to add a new assignment to this course.
Select Custom Activity.
Configure the assignment
- For Title, enter the name of your assignment
- In Content, select Website and enter https://www.playposit.com/LTI/launch
- Select the option, Digitally sign the request for LTI.
- Select the option, Select LTI key/secret for this activity.
- Note: Leave key/secret fields blank
Click on Save.
Return to the Activities tab and click on the assignment you just created.
A PlayPosit setup screen will open. Click Set Bulb Link to access your account with your bulb library.
Select the learner experience and click Set Link:
- Self-Paced - Choose this option if you want students to take the bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used).
- Live Broadcast - Choose this option if you want to project the bulb live, in class and have all students take the bulb together. Start/stop time and pacing of the video is controlled by the instructor, while students answer projected questions from their own device (like a clicker). For more information, click here.
- The notification at the top will confirm that the bulb has been linked to that assignment.
Monitor student responses
In Buzz, click on the assignment for which you want to view data. This will open the PlayPosit Setup screen, which will show the PlayPosit bulb you have linked to this assignment. Click Monitor to view student participation and responses.
For more information on PlayPosit Analytics, please view this help article.
Sync grades to Buzz
If you have graded free-response questions or edited grades for auto-graded questions, you will need to sync changes with the Buzz gradebook. To do this:
- Click on the assignment for which you want to sync grades for > Monitor.
- On the Monitor page, click Sync Grades. You will receive confirmation that the grades have started to sync.
- You can also click Check Sync Status to check the status of the student grade export by clicking it in the drop down next to Sync Grades, but note that it may take a few minutes to push all updated scores into the Gradebook.