- This article applies only to teachers with existing Google Classroom accounts. If you're looking to integrate your LMS with PlayPosit, please view one of these help articles.
- Note: PlayPosit does not export grades to Google Classroom. It only pulls in student rosters and class details.
- Note: This is a one-time, one-way sync of already populated Google Classroom roster data.
There are 3 simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with Google Classroom:
Set up PlayPosit in Google Classroom
Follow the steps below sync your courses from Google Classroom to PlayPosit
- Make sure you are signed in to your Google account.
- Go to www.playposit.com/login and use the Google SSO to login button.
On the left side menu, click on your name to open your profile.
- Scroll down and select Sync with Google Classroom.
- Allow PlayPosit to sync with your Google account.
Syncing Google Classroom data
Note: Prior to syncing data from Google Classroom, make sure that you have already created a class within Google Classroom and added students to that class. The following process of syncing data will import that class into PlayPosit.
- In your User Profile under Sync Settings, select Show Google Classroom Data.
- This should show all classes that you have created in Google Classroom. Click Sync next to the class you want to import to PlayPosit.
- Select all of the students for whom you'd like to sync grades and click Sync Learners. You should receive a green toast message saying that your class synced successfully.
- If this is your first time syncing data for this class, you should then navigate to My Classes to confirm that your class and students were successfully imported from Google Classroom.
Assign a bulb to students
There are two ways to assign a bulb to students: (1) via PlayPosit and (2) via Google Classroom
- If you want students to access bulbs by logging in to PlayPosit, you can assign bulbs by clicking on My Bulbs from your Dashboard. You can refer to this help article for more information.
- If you want students to access bulbs from Google Classroom, first assign the bulb in PlayPosit to the synced Google Classroom by following these directions. Then paste the assign link into a Google Classroom Assignment.
Monitor student data
In PlayPosit, navigate to Classes. Click on the class that you want to monitor data for. Select the bulb and click Monitor. For more information on monitoring the analytics, click here.