- Troubleshooting? Check out our guide here.
In this article
There are a few simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your Sakai course.
Set up PlayPosit in Sakai
PlayPosit is integrated into your Sakai environment by your administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit to your course and sync your student roster.
- Login to Sakai and navigate to the course you would like to connect to PlayPosit.
- Select Lessons from the left sidebar.
- Click Add Content and:
- If you're using Sakai 19, select Add Learning App from the drop-down menu
- Otherwise, select Add External Tool from the drop-down menu.
- Choose PlayPosit from the list under External Tool Selector.
- Note: you may encounter another screen titled Tool Link asking you to configure PlayPosit. You should be able to click on Launch External Tool Configuration.
- Enter a Title for the activity and Save.
- Find the LMS link you just created and click Get Started to access your PlayPosit account.
Assign a bulb to learners
- Select the assignment you would like to link to a PlayPosit Bulb to open PlayPosit Setup.
- Click Get Started to open My Bulbs.
- Locate the bulb you want. Click on the triple dot menu > Set Bulb Link.
- Select the learner experience and click Set Link:
- Self-paced - Choose this option if you want learners to take the bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used).
- Broadcast - Choose this option if you want to project the bulb live, in class and have all learners take the bulb together. Start/stop time and pacing of the video is controlled by the instructor, while learners answer projected questions from their own device (like a clicker). For more information, please view this help article.
- The nav notification at the top will confirm that the bulb has been assigned to learners.
Monitor student responses
In Sakai, click on the assignment for which you want to view data. This will open PlayPosit Setup, which will show the PlayPosit bulbs you have linked to this assignment. Click Monitor to view student participation and responses. For more information on PlayPosit Analytics, please view this help article.
Export grades into Sakai Gradebook
If your bulb only includes auto-graded questions (multiple choice, check-all-that-apply, fill-in-the-blank), then grades will be automatically exported into the Sakai gradebook. For more information on automated grading, please view this help article.
If you have graded free-response questions or edited grades for auto-graded questions, you will need to sync changes with Sakai. To do this:
- In Sakai, click on the assignment for which you want to view data to open PlayPosit and click Monitor.
- The Question-by-Question Breakdown dashboard for this assignment will open. Click Sync to initiate exporting grades to the Sakai Gradebook.
- You can also click Status to check the status of the student grade export, but note that it may take a few minutes to push all updated scores into the Gradebook.