Assigning a Bulb (without an LMS)
- This article only applies to users assigning bulbs outside of an LMS. If you're using an LMS and you're part of an institutional license, then click here for specific tutorials for your LMS.
In this article
How to assign a bulb to learners
Assigning a bulb to learners will save their responses, providing you with a large amount of data on how your learners are engaging with the content of the bulb.
1. Create a class by going to Classes, clicking Add New Class, and filling out the necessary information. You can then add learners to your class by following the instructions in this help article.
2. Next, go to My Bulbs, click the triple dots icon next to the specific bulb and select Assign.
3. Set a due date and then click Get assign link.
4. At this point, the link you are given by default will require students to sign in to PlayPosit. If your students are not already enrolled in your class, they will be automatically added to it. Click Copy if the default options are sufficient.
5. Otherwise, click Advanced settings, select the toggles that you prefer, and then click Copy:
-Show Embed Code - gives HTML code you can use to embed the bulb on another site.
-Share for professional learning - share this link with fellow instructors if you want them to take the bulb
-Do not require login - learners will not have to log in to PlayPosit to complete the bulb
-Do not require learner name - learners will not have to enter their first and last name
How to unassign a bulb
Unassign a bulb to learners when the assignment is complete and you would not like to continue collecting data.
1. Select the bulb you would like to unassign and then click Assign.
2. Click on the x next to the original due date that was set.