Assigning a Bulb (without an LMS)
- This article only applies to users assigning bulbs outside of an LMS. If you're using an LMS and you're part of an institutional license, then click here for specific tutorials for your LMS.
In this article
How to assign a bulb to learners
Assigning a bulb to learners will save learner responses and data in the PlayPosit class to show engagement with the bulb content.
- Create a class by going to Classes, clicking Add New Class, and fill in the class name.
- You can then add learners to your class by following these instructions.
- Next, go to My Bulbs, click the bulb thumbnail or the triple dots icon next to the specific bulb and select Assign.
- Set a due date and then click Get assign link.
- The default link will require learners to sign in to PlayPosit. If your learners are not already enrolled in your class, they will be automatically added to it.
- Click Copy if the default options are sufficient.
- Otherwise, click Advanced Settings, select the toggles that you prefer (noticing the small changes in the link) and then click Copy:
- Show Embed Code - gives HTML code you can use to embed the bulb on another site.
- Share for professional learning - If assigning professional learning bulbs outside of an LMS, you must toggle this on for teachers to take the bulb as a learner and for the data to save.
- Do not require login - learners will not have to log in to PlayPosit to complete the bulb
- Do not require learner name - learners will not have to enter their first and last name
How to unassign a bulb
Unassign a bulb to learners when the assignment is complete and you would not like to continue collecting data.
- Select the bulb you would like to unassign and then click Assign.
- Click on the x next to the original due date to remove the due date, to remove it from the learner's dashboard and stop collecting data.