How to Link a Playlist in your Learning Management System (LMS)
- This feature is only available for select institutional clients. If you are interested in this feature, reach out to your Account Manager or email@example.com.
In this article
Learn how to create a playlist of bulbs in a course.
The following instructions assume that instructors are already familiar with the process of linking a bulb to an assignment within their respective Learning Management System (LMS). Please refer to this directory of articles for more specific instructions on how to launch PlayPosit within your LMS as necessary.
How to link a playlist
After launching PlayPosit from your LMS, click the Playlists tab in sidebar of the dashboard.
- Click the LMS logo next to the playlist name or click the triple dots menu and then click Link Playlist.
- You can now save the assignment in your LMS (if needed). Upon future launch of the playlist, you should see a grey screen informing you that this playlist has been linked to this course.
Note: This example is using PlayPosit through Canvas but each LMS will show the respective LMS's logo.
Click the Link button in the modal that pops up.
How to unlink/relink a playlist
To unlink a playlist, navigate to the PlayPosit dashboard click on the Playlist tab in the sidebar.
Click either the LMS logo or triple dots menu next to the playlist that needs to be unlinked. Then click Unlink Playlist.
- Click the Unlink button in the modal dialog that appears. You can now save the assignment (if required)
- The next time you launch this assignment, you should see a grey screen informing you that this playlist has been successfully unlinked. You are now safe to delete whatever assignment was linked to the playlist in your LMS. Alternatively, to re-link the same playlist, click the Re-Link button.
Complete a playlist as a learner
Click here for the learner experience when completing a playlist.
After a student completes a PlayPosit playlist that has been linked in their LMS, PlayPosit will automatically send a grade to the LMS gradebook that represents the sum of the points earned on all the bulbs at that point divided by the sum of all the points possible in those same bulbs.
After the learner has completed the playlist, they will see a green toast in the upper right hand corner of the playlist saying “Started LTI Grade Sync”.
Monitoring a playlist
To monitor a playlist in LTI, open the assignment with a PlayPosit tool linked to a Playlist. Then click the Monitor button.
This will open the Gradebook view that shows grades for each bulb. To filter the view down to display only the bulbs that appear in the playlist, and in the same order as in the playlist, select the name of the playlist under the All Bulbs drop-down menu.
Frequently asked questions and troubleshooting
I launched a bulb in playlist, but it's showing that it's already completed.
- The bulb may be linked to another assignment in PlayPosit. Ask the instructor to unlink the bulb from the other assignment in the PlayPosit tool and reset your attempt on the bulb.
Why isn't my grade exporting for a bulb that is linked to an assignment, but is also part of a playlist?
- A bulb currently can be graded in a playlist but only if it is not part of another class. Ask the instructor to remove the bulb from the assignment in the PlayPosit tool.
Why can't I export a certificate of completion?
- A student can only export a certificate of completion after a playlist has been completed or if a school has access to this functionality. Complete the playlist to activate the print certificate button.
I clicked Monitor, but I see a lot more bulbs in the gradebook than are in the playlist.
- To filter the view down to display only the bulbs that appear in the playlist, and in the same order as in the playlist, select the name of the playlist under the All Bulbs drop-down menu
Why am I not seeing the full dashboard or able to click into the sidebar?
- Clicking Monitor will open a modified view of the gradebook that doesn't permit users to click around the dashboard. If you want to access the dashboard, first launch and LMS assignment and then click on Enter PlayPosit at the bottom of the grey screen