The Student Experience (3.0)
- Note: This article only applies to students accessing PlayPosit 3.0 through a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Troubleshooting? Check out our guide here.
In this article
Learn how to get the most out of your PlayPosit experience!
PlayPosit is an interactive video platform. Your instructor will assign videos, or bulbs, for you to watch that will have embedded questions and interactions. You will be required to respond to these interactions in order to complete the assignment.
It is recommended that you use the latest Chrome web browser to access PlayPosit. Click here to download it if you do not already have Chrome.
You will access all of your PlayPosit assignments through your Learning Management System (LMS) so you will not need a username and password.
Playing a bulb
When you click on an assignment in your LMS, you will be brought to the PlayPosit bulb you need to complete. Click the video to play it and then answer the interactions that come up.
- Make the video fullscreen
- Adjust the video playback speed
- Change the video stream source of the videos in the bulb (especially important if one of the sources isn't working)
- Enable or disable captions (if available)
Taking notes on a bulb
The video will pause once an interaction pops up on the screen. To complete the interaction, answer the question and click Submit and continue.
You should see a toast in the upper right-hand corner of the screen telling you if your answer was submitted successfully. If the interaction allows it, you may also see highlighting and/or feedback on your selected answer choices If an interaction covers up an important part of the screen, you can hide the question by clicking the 'x' in the top left corner of the interaction. If you want to make the interaction larger, however, click the arrow in the top right corner of the interaction.
Completing a bulb and syncing grades
To complete a bulb, make sure that you answer all of the required questions in the bulb and watch the bulb until the end. When you've completed a bulb, the sidebar will automatically open and show you the assignment score, and whether your grade successfully synced to your LMS. The sidebar also shows you if your teacher still has to manually grade some of your answers.
In general, if you're having issues on one browser, we recommend that you either update it or switch to another browser. PlayPosit 3.0 generally works best on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
My bulb won't play
Please refer to this help article for recommendations on getting your bulb to play. You can also try switching your video source by clicking on the gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and clicking on the drop down menu next to the timestamp.
My grades didn't sync
If you receive a message that your scores are not being recorded, there could be a number of issues.
- Your network connection is unstable or too slow. See if you can connect to the internet through other means.
- You've been logged out of PlayPosit. Close the window and log back in to reopen your assignment.
- The link you have been sent is for preview purposes only. Request a new link from the instructor.