The Student Experience (3.0)
- Note: This article only applies to students accessing PlayPosit 3.0 through a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Troubleshooting? Check out our guide here.
In this article
Learn how to get the most out of your PlayPosit experience!
PlayPosit is an interactive video platform. Your instructor will assign videos, or bulbs, for you to watch that will have embedded questions and interactions. You will be required to respond to these interactions in order to complete the assignment.
It is recommended that you use the latest Chrome web browser to access PlayPosit. Click here to download it if you do not already have Chrome.
You will access all of your PlayPosit assignments through your Learning Management System (LMS) so you will not need a username and password.
Playing a bulb
When you click on an assignment in your LMS, you will be brought to the PlayPosit bulb you need to complete. Click the video to play it and then answer the interactions that come up.
- Make the video fullscreen
- Adjust the video playback speed
- Change the video stream source of the videos in the bulb (especially important if one of the sources isn't working)
- Enable or disable captions (if available)
To view navigable transcripts follow these steps.
1. Enable captions from the settings gear icon menu.
2. Select the sidebar icon.
3. Click the Transcripts tab. Transcripts will appear as the video plays. Click on any transcript line to be brought to that specific part of the video or search for keywords in the transcript. Please note that you are not able to skip ahead if your instructor does not have fast forward enabled.
Taking notes on a bulb
The video will pause once an interaction pops up on the screen. To complete the interaction, answer the question and click Submit and continue.
You should see a toast in the upper right-hand corner of the screen telling you if your answer was submitted successfully. If the interaction allows it, you may also see highlighting and/or feedback on your selected answer choices If an interaction covers up an important part of the screen, you can hide the question by clicking the 'x' in the top left corner of the interaction. If you want to make the interaction larger, however, click the arrow in the top right corner of the interaction.
Completing a bulb and syncing grades
To complete a bulb, make sure that you answer all of the required questions in the bulb and watch the bulb until the end. When you've completed a bulb, the sidebar will automatically open and show you the assignment score and a green pop-up will confirm your grade successfully synced to your LMS. The sidebar also shows you if your teacher still has to manually grade some of your answers.
Reviewing interactions and previous answers
Students can review their answers at any point while taking a bulb, or after they have completed the bulb by opening the sidebar and selecting the Review tab.
Information about all previously-answered interactions will show up here, including the interaction type, text, and points earned. An interaction will not show up in the Review tab until the player has reached the interaction display time displayed in each row.
Clicking an interaction will return the player to the time at which the interaction occurred in the bulb, causing the answered interaction to pop up. Interaction answers will not be able to be changed unless the instructor has granted access to multiple attempts on one interaction.
If a bulb contains multiple videos, then those individual video segments will also appear in the review sheet. Clicking them will cause the video player to begin playing the bulb from that video clip's start time.
Once you complete the bulb, you can view the report that includes your responses to all interactions. To access this, click View Report on the sidebar. This will open up a new tab with your bulb report that can either be printed out or saved as a PDF.
Canvas Mobile App
PlayPosit is accessible through the Canvas mobile app for learners to view and complete PlayPosit assignments.
1. Log into the Canvas mobile app.
2. Navigate to the course and then click on Assignments.
3. Select the PlayPosit assignment and then click Launch External Tool.
4. Play the video and answer all interactions throughout the video.
5. Once you have answered all interactions and watched the video until the end, a green pop-up will appear confirming that your grade has been synced. Now you can click Done to go back to the Canvas app.
In general, if you're having issues on one browser, we recommend that you either update it or switch to another browser. PlayPosit 3.0 generally works best on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
My bulb won't play
Please refer to this help article for recommendations on getting your bulb to play. You can also try switching your video source by clicking on the gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and clicking on the drop down menu next to the timestamp.
I closed the browser window and didn't finish
You are able to pick back up wherever you left off. Re-open the bulb and move the cursor along the scrub bar to the point where you stopped. The white space indicates the part of the video you have already watched and the gray is the part that still needs to be watched.
I want to watch my bulb again
As long as your bulb is still available to you in your Learning Management System, you can click on the assignment to rewatch the bulb without re-answering interactions.
My grades didn't sync
If you receive a message that your scores are not being recorded, there could be a number of issues.
- Your network connection is unstable or too slow. See if you can connect to the internet through other means.
- You've been logged out of PlayPosit. Close the window and log back in to reopen your assignment.
- The link you have been sent is for preview purposes only. Request a new link from the instructor.
I can't retry the bulb
You can only retry your bulb if your instructor has this setting enabled. You can go back and access your assignment to watch the video again and view your responses as long as the assignment is still available in your LMS.