How to use question banks in PlayPosit
- Worksheets do not support question banks.
- For information on building a bulb check here.
In this article
Introduction to question banks
Question banks are a stacked interaction type in the PlayPosit designer that display randomly assigned questions to learners. This interaction type allows the instructor to preload a set of check all or multiple choice questions. Learners will only see one of the randomly assigned check all or multiple choice questions.
How to build a question bank
1. Open the PlayPosit designer.
2. Add a video source.
3. Click the Interactions tab.
4. Click the Add an Interaction button.
5. Click Question Bank from the templates menu.
6. Select a placement for the question bank and click Done.
7. Click Add interaction to question bank.
8. Add either a multiple choice or check all interaction to the bank.
Note: Question banks are limited to either check all or multiple choice interactions.
Note: Interactions in a question bank will be shown at random to the learner. If a sequential order is desired, add the interactions to a group instead. Click here for information about building a group.
Building question bank with my interactions
Instructors can also use the interactions saved in the My Interactions library to build question banks.
- After adding a question bank to the Bulb, click on Add Interaction to Question Bank.
- Select My Interactions.
- Select the interactions you want to add to the question bank. Only multiple choice and check all interactions will be listed.
- Instructors can also apply the filter to see either multiple choice or check all interactions.
- Click on the checkboxes in front of the desired interactions, and select Preview Interactions.
- Click on Add Interactions.
Note: If the question bank already has an interaction, instructors will only see the same type of interaction in the My Interactions Library.
Previewing a question bank
1. Click the thumbnail image of the desired Bulb on the My Bulbs page, and select Preview.
Previewing a bulb can also be accomplished from inside the PlayPosit designer.
1. From inside the PlayPosit designer click the review tab, and select Preview.
Note: Learners will receive one random bank interaction per bulb attempt.
Monitoring a question bank
Instructors can access the gradebook directly from the LMS or from the PlayPosit dashboard. To access the gradebook and monitor a question bank from an LMS follow the directions below.
1. Click on the assignment in LTI and then click Monitor.
2. Question bank groups will appear in the gradebook with a merged header to show the possible questions in a bank. Only one of the questions in a bank will be shown to a learner per bulb attempt. Questions that have not appeared during the attempt will show in the gradebook as N/A.
To access the gradebook and monitor a question bank from the dashboard follow the directions below.
1. Click the thumbnail image of the desired Bulb and select Monitor.
4. Question bank groups will appear in the gradebook with a merged header to show the possible questions in a bank. Only one of the questions in a bank will be shown to a learner per bulb attempt. Questions that have not appeared during the attempt will show in the gradebook as N/A.
How to build a question group
1. After adding a video to the PlayPosit designer, click Add an interaction at (timestamp).
2. Click any interaction type. Note: Question banks are excluded from this feature.
3. Finish editing the interaction and click Done.
4. To add more interactions to a group, click the Add Interaction to Group button. Continue until all desired interactions have been added to the group.
Note: Groups can contain all of the interaction types except for question banks. All interactions in a group will be displayed to the learner in sequential order.