How to use question banks in PlayPosit
- Worksheets do not support question banks.
- For information on building a bulb check here.
In this article
Introduction to question banks
Question banks are a stacked interaction type in the PlayPosit designer that display randomly assigned questions to learners. This interaction type allows the instructor to preload a set of check all or multiple choice questions. Learners will only see one of the randomly assigned check all or multiple choice questions.
How to build a question bank
1. Open the PlayPosit designer.
2. Add a video source.
3. Click the Interactions tab.
4. Click the Add an interaction button.
5. Click Question bank from the templates menu.
6. Select a placement for the question bank and click Done.
7. Click Add interaction to question bank.
8. Add either a multiple choice or check all interaction to the bank.
Note: Question banks are limited to either check all or multiple choice interactions.
9. Click Done.
Note: Interactions in a question bank will be shown at random to the learner. If a sequential order is desired, add the interactions to a group instead. Click here for information about building a group.
Previewing a question bank
1. To preview a question bank in a bulb click the My Bulbs tab from the PlayPosit dashboard.
2. Click the thumbnail of the bulb.
3. Click preview.
Previewing a bulb can also be accomplished from inside the PlayPosit designer.
1. From inside the PlayPosit designer click the review tab.
2. Click the preview button.
Note: Students will receive one random bank interaction per bulb attempt.
Monitoring a question bank
Instructors can access the gradebook directly from the LMS or from the PlayPosit dashboard. To access the gradebook and monitor a question bank from an LMS follow the directions below.
1. Click on the assignment in LTI and then click Monitor.
2. Question bank groups will appear in the gradebook with a merged header to show the possible questions in a bank.
3. Only one of the questions in a bank will be shown to a learner per bulb attempt. Questions that have not appeared during the attempt will show in the gradebook as N/A.
To access the gradebook and monitor a question bank from the dashboard follow the directions below.
1. Click on My Bulbs.
2. Click on the thumbnail of the bulb that has a question bank interaction.
3.Click on Monitor.
4. Question bank groups will appear in the gradebook with a merged header to show the possible questions in a bank.
5. Only one of the questions in a bank will be shown to a learner per bulb attempt. Questions that have not appeared during the attempt will show in the gradebook as N/A.
How to build a question group
1. After adding a video to the PlayPosit designer, click Add an interaction at (timestamp).
2. Click any interaction type. Note: Question banks are excluded from this feature.
3. Finish editing the interaction and click Done.4. To add more interactions to a group, click the Add interaction to group button. Continue until all desired interactions have been added to the group.
Note: Groups can contain all of the interaction types except for question banks. All interactions in a group will be displayed to the learner in sequential order.