In this article
There are a few simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your Blackbaud course.
Why use PlayPosit in Blackbaud?
- Single Sign-on: Instructors and learners are never prompted to enter a separate email, username or password to create or view content.
- Auto-sync course data: PlayPosit manages learner-course relationships, eliminating the need to manually create courses or upload rosters.
- Auto-sync grades: Learner grades are synced immediately with the Blackbaud Gradebook at the end of a bulb. As well, instructors can access the rich analytics from any PlayPosit link within Blackbaud.
Assign a bulb to learners
PlayPosit is integrated into the Blackbaud environment by the administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit to a course and sync the learner roster.
- Login to Blackbaud and navigate to the course to connect to PlayPosit.
- Create a new assignment, then select PlayPosit from the Learning Tool dropdown menu under the assignment's settings.
Adjust the various settings to complete the posting process for the assignment. Then, add the assignment to the gradebook. Note: The assignment must be added to the gradebook in order to support gradebook passback.
Click on the assignment to complete the setup. Then, click Launch in the center of the assignment.
- The PlayPosit launch window will open in a separate tab. Click Set Link or Enter PlayPosit.
- In the My Bulbs library, find the bulb to link to the assignment and click the LMS icon.
- Select the learner experience and click Link:
- Self-Paced - Choose this option to have learners take the bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used).
- Live Broadcast - Choose this option to have learners complete the bulb synchronously in class or remotely via a web-conferencing tool. Click here to learn more.
- Once the bulb is linked, the Manage Link page will appear where the bulb can be monitored or reviewed.
Monitor Learner Responses
- From Blackbaud, click on the assignment. This will open Manage Bulb Link, with the bulb that is attached.
- Click Monitor to view learner analytics.
Sync Grades to Blackbaud
If the bulb only includes auto-graded questions (multiple choice, check-all-that-apply, fill-in-the-blank), then grades will be automatically exported into the Blackbaud Gradebook.
Once free-response questions are graded or grades for auto-graded questions are edited, the changes will need to be synced with the Blackbaud Gradebook. To do this;
- Navigate to the Monitor page of the assignment.
Learner scores and progress can be tracked via the Monitor page.
When the updated scores are ready to be exported to the Blackbaud gradebook, click Sync Grades.
Optionally, click Check Sync Status to check the status of grade sync, but note that it may take a few minutes to push all updated scores to the Blackbaud Gradebook.
Note: PlayPosit/Blackbaud LTI integration does not support embedding Bulbs using an embed code. With an LTI integration, embedding is not necessary.
If instructors choose to use the embed code:
- Learners will be prompted to sign into PlayPosit with a username/password.
- Grades will not auto-sync from PlayPosit to Blackbaud.