Broadcast with an LMS in 3.0
- This article only applies to paid users who access PlayPosit through a Learning Management System. For instructors who navigate directly to the PlayPosit website, see this article instead.
- Note: Discussion Forum questions are not compatible with Broadcast.
- Broadcast sessions can now push grades automatically to your LMS grade book!
- Below is a video overview of how to Broadcast with an LMS.
In this article
Learn how to broadcast a Bulb with an LMS
Broadcast: Class Response System
Easily replace your antiquated Clickers with PlayPosit's Broadcast functionality! You can project video and audio from a screen at the front of the room, and prompt learners with questions on their individual devices. This allows you to:
- Control the pacing.
- Interject with additions.
- Foster live discussion.
- Poll learner results from virtually any device.
- Get group feedback for Professional Learning.
Create a Broadcast Assignment
- Create a PlayPosit Bulb. Click here for more information about creating bulbs in 3.0.
- Create an assignment in your LMS and set a link to the PlayPosit bulb. Click here for more information on setting a bulb link in your specific LMS.
- Link to the appropriate Bulb as a Broadcast session.
- Save and Publish the assignment in your LMS.
Start or Resume a Broadcast Bulb
Broadcast any bulb to deliver content synchronously. If you present the same bulb in multiple sessions, you will need to resume the lesson after the initial presentation.
Start the lesson
- Log in to your LMS and open the assignment.
- Click on the Bulb Title to begin the session.
During the Bulb
Display learner responses as the bulb progresses. Know when everyone has completed a question and review their answers as a class. Click on various icons to get more information on active learners and their polled responses.
- See the number of learners who have answered the question.
- See how many learners chose each answer for Multiple Choice or Checkbox questions, and see which students chose each answer.
Note: Please note that if you choose to project student responses on the instructor's device, students' names will appear.
- When the lesson is over, close the window with the video.
After the Bulb
Gain insights into your effectiveness and learn which topics, questions, and learners to target for remediation.
- In your LMS, click on the Broadcast assignment you want to view data to open PlayPosit Setup.
- Click on Monitor to open the assignment's grade book to view learners' performance data or grade free responses.
Class analytics coming soon.
Once learners join your Broadcast session, they will see the video on your projected screen. As the Bulb progresses, questions will appear on their individual devices when the video pauses and will disappear when the instructor continues to play the video.
- Learners log in to their LMS accounts and open the assignment.
- They will receive a message telling them to wait for the instructor.
- As the bulb begins, the learners' screens will remain blank. When the bulb pauses for a question, it will pop up on both the learner's and instructor's screen.