Sharing and Copying Bulbs
- This article only applies to instructors in PlayPosit 3.0 who are sharing bulbs for other instructors to either preview or copy.
- If you are trying to assign a Bulb to learners without an LMS, click here.
- If you are using an LMS and you are part of an institutional license, then click here for specific tutorials for your LMS.
In this article
How to share/collaborate on bulbs with colleagues
Sharing Bulbs with other instructors:
- From My Bulbs, click the bulb thumbnail or the triple dots icon next to the specific bulb and select Collaborate.2. If you would like to copy and share this bulb with a co-worker or other PlayPosit instructor, select Preview Link and then click Copy.
To learn more about the Manage Permissions tab and how to add collaborators to a bulb, click here.
Sharing folders with other instructors:
By sharing the folder with other instructors, they will be able to copy all the bulbs in the shared folder.
- From the Folders page, click on the triple dots icon behind the desired folder and select share.
Copy the URL and share it with other instructors. They will be asked to log in and confirm whether or not they want to copy the folder.
How to share a bulb outside of your organization
Use this workflow for sharing bulbs with people who do not have PlayPosit accounts.
- Click the bulb thumbnail or the triple dots icon and select Settings.
- Under Privacy, select any of the public or visible options. Then click Save.
Note: If any of these settings are grayed out, check your Profile for Instructor Privacy settings. If you are still not able to adjust, the institution that you are a part of controls the Organization Privacy settings. You will need to contact your admin at your institution or your Account Manager.
- Click the bulb thumbnail or triple dots icon and select Collaborate.
- Select Preview Link and click Copy.
How to copy a bulb from a preview link
- When you're in the Player, click the sidebar icon to open the sidebar.
- Select the Review tab and click Copy Bulb.
- Modify the name of the bulb, and then select either Copy & Edit (takes you to the designer) or Copy Only (takes you to the dash).
- If you're not logged in to a teacher account, you will be asked to log in.
How to copy a bulb from My bulbs page
- From My bulbs page, click the bulb's thumbnail or the triple dots icon behind the desired bulb, and select Copy.
On the popup window, edit the copied bulb's name as needed, and select Copy & Edit or Copy Only.
- Copy & Edit: Copy the bulb and open the bulb designer for the instructor to edit the bulb right away.
- Copy Only: Create a copied bulb on the My bulbs page. Instructors can always go to the My bulbs page and edit the copied bulb.
The copied bulb will show up on the instructor's My bulb page.