PowerSchool Learning 3.0
In this article
There are 4 simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your Haiku course.
Why use PlayPosit in PowerSchool Learning?
- Single Sign-on: Instructors and learners are never prompted to enter a separate email, username or password to create or view content.
- Auto-sync course data: PlayPosit manages learner-course relationships, eliminating the need to manually create courses or upload rosters.
- Auto-sync grades: Learner grades are synced immediately with the PowerSchool Gradebook at the end of a bulb. As well, instructors can access the rich analytics from any PlayPosit link within PowerSchool.
Assign a bulb to students
PlayPosit is integrated into your Haiku environment by your administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit to your course and sync your student roster.
- Navigate to the course you want to connect with PlayPosit and add a Content Block
- Click on the Messages & Activities tab, and select LTI & SCORM
- Select PlayPosit as the Activity.
- Enter a Title for your bulb.
- Optional: add a description for the assignment
- For URL, leave this field bank
- Save and Configure
- The PlayPosit Setup page will load. Click Set Bulb Link to access your bulb library.
Find the bulb you want to link to this assignment and click the PowerSchool icon.
- Select the learner experience:
- Self-paced- Choose this option if you want students to take the bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used)
- Broadcast- Not available in PlayPosit 3.0, but coming soon!
- Click Publish.
- Optional: Enter a Due Date, Enable Grading, and select a Display Option.
Monitor student responses
- From PowerSchool, click on the assignment for which you want to view data. This will open Manage Bulb Link, with the bulb you have attached.
- Click Monitor to view learner analytics.
Sync Grades with PowerSchool Learning
- From PowerSchool, navigate to the Monitor page of the assignment you want to grade.
- Here you'll be able to view and score learner data and track progress.
- When you are ready to send updated scores to the PowerSchool gradebook, click Sync Grades.
Optionally, click Check Sync Status to check the status of grade sync, but note that it may take a few minutes to push all updated scores to PowerSchool.
- PowerSchool will not display any scores if the bulb score is 0%