In this article
Add interactivity to a Panopto video
The PlayPosit integration with Panopto allows Institutional partners to add interactivity and accountability to all hosted video content. Once the integration is completed by the administrator, instructors/designers can pull Panopto content into PlayPosit following the steps below:
- Navigate to the PlayPosit dashboard and click Add New Bulb.
- Select Panopto to access your Panopto library.
Note: If the Panopto button is not available, the institution has not purchased Panopto, Panopto has not been set up by the administrator, or Panopto is not included in the institution's license.
Click on Click to sign in and play video or Login As Different User to continue logging in.
- Log in with the appropriate Panopto credentials in the login window and click Sign In.
Note: The appearance of the log-in window will differ between institutions.
- Choose a video to pull into PlayPosit. Then, click Select Video.
Once a video is selected, the title, captions, bulb thumbnail, and trimming/cropping of the video can be edited. When all desired edits have been made to the video, click Done.
Now, the Panopto-hosted video is ready to be overlaid with interactions. Click here to learn more about building a PlayPosit Bulb with the video.
Browsers that are set to block all third-party cookies or cross-site tracking may cause problems when viewing PlayPosit content. If allowing third-party cookies is not possible, then the following recommendations will allow learners to watch Panopto videos without authentication issues across various browsers:
- In Chrome's settings, under Cookies and other site data, add an exception for "[*.]playposit.com" without the quotation marks.
- If in incognito mode, turn off Block third-party cookies.
- In Firefox's settings, under Privacy & Security, click on Manage Exceptions and type in "https://www.playposit.com." Select "Allow" and click Save Changes to allow PlayPosit to store information on your computer.
- In the Privacy section of Safari's Preferences, make sure that Prevent cross-site tracking is unchecked.
Panopto Bulbs on iOS
When a computer is not an option, below is the mobile experience on an iOS.
1. Click on the blue Play button in the player.
2. Click on the white Play button in the player.
Note: The information icon will link you to this knowledgebase article.
3. If there is more than one Panopto video in a single Bulb, click the Play button to continue the Bulb.
Enable third-party cookies
Panopto requires that all third-party cookies be enabled in order for a Private video to play. Click here for directions on how to enable third-party cookies.
Video Stops Before Final Interaction
This can occur when an interaction is placed at the very end of a video. It is caused by a Panopto player behavior that does not allow the interaction to register. Panopto has been notified of the issue and they are currently investigating.
An immediate solution is to disable Multi-Stream Embed playback for your Panopto service. Contact Panopto Support to make this change.
Additionally, it is recommended to place the last interaction in a Bulb at least one second before the end of the video; this will prevent the Panopto player from disrupting the interaction.
Panopto Authorization Error
Authorization Error: “Panopto authorization needed in order to view this bulb. Please login to your Panopto account, or make sure you have an already validated Panopto session in order to continue.”
- The appearance of this error means that the Panopto video is restricted or unlisted.
- Click Click to sign in and play video.
- Enter your Panopto credentials in the login window.
- Refresh the page.
If a video is set to private or otherwise not shared with the class that needs to view the video, learners should see a page in the player that lets them request access to the Panopto video. Clicking Request Access will send an email to the video owner.
This is an example of what the Panopto access request email will look like. Instructors will need to click Grant Access to give the learner access to the Panopto video.