PlayPosit 3.0 FAQ/Troubleshooting
- This article only applies to PlayPosit 3.0. An updated version of this article is available here.
- Don't worry! Your content still exists! Please read on to learn how to copy your content over to PlayPosit 3.0.
In this article
- How do I import bulbs from the classic view into PlayPosit 3.0?
- Some of my bulbs are missing, what happened to them?
- I can't see my classes or student data in PlayPosit 3.0?
- What if I don't want to use the new environment right now?
- I use an LMS (like Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc.) and want to try this out!
- I want to assign a Learner Made Bulb/I want to broadcast a bulb!
- Do I need to update share links and embed code on 3rd party websites?
How do I import bulbs from the classic view into PlayPosit 3.0?
If you have been using the classic environment until now, the first time you log into PlayPosit 3.0, you might see that My Bulbs is empty. Don't worry, you can easily copy your bulbs over by following these steps:
- Click Copy Classic Bulbs.
- For the bulb you want to activate, click on the triple dots icon at the right hand side, and click Activate.
- You should then be able to click the same triple dots icon and see that you can edit, assign, monitor, etc. that bulb. If you can't, you can click Import Bulbs Status to see if any errors occurred, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of my bulbs are missing, what happened to them?
Since PlayPosit 3.0 uses a new way of storing and displaying bulbs, we have done our best to copy your bulbs from the previous environment over to PlayPosit 3.0. Sometimes, though, that copying might fail for certain bulbs. Please contact us at email@example.com if you notice missing content! You can also switch back to Classic View at any time via the sidebar.
I can't see my classes or student data in PlayPosit 3.0?
Although we have copied your bulbs over to the new environment, we are currently not planning to copy your student or class data over. However, your data for existing classes and student responses will not be deleted when you switch to PlayPosit 3.0.
To view data for bulbs you created and assigned in the Classic View, we recommend that you switch back to Classic View via the sidebar. You can also click on Classic Gradebook from a specific class's gradebook page.
I use an LMS (like Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc.) and want to try this out!
Once your institution upgrades to the new interface, follow the steps below to migrate your content:
- Navigate to any LMS course and click on a PlayPosit assignment link you have previously created. You'll see a message indicating that the migration process has started.
- Refresh the page.
- You'll now be authenticated into your PlayPosit account and will see your bulb library. Click Activate Bulb to begin using it.
- Note: It is optional to activate all bulbs individually if they have already been linked to this LMS course. Linked bulbs will automatically activate when a student launches.
If you do not have any existing LMS links to click on, simply create a new assignment and launch into your PlayPosit account. Here, you can click Copy Classic Bulbs to migrate all of your content.
I want to assign a Learner Made Bulb/I want to broadcast a bulb!
Do I need to update share links and embed code on 3rd party websites like Google Classroom?
- From My Bulbs, click the triple dots icon next to the bulb you wish to assign, then select Assign.
- Select a Due Date and then click Get Assign Link.
- If you want the regular URL, click Copy:
- Otherwise, if you want the embed code, click Advanced Settings, toggle on Show Embed Code, and click Copy.