PlayPosit 3.0 FAQ/Troubleshooting
- This article only applies to beta testers of PlayPosit 3.0.
- See this help article for more information on getting started in PlayPosit 3.0.
In this article
PlayPosit 3.0 FAQ
How do I import bulbs from the classic view into PlayPosit 3.0?
If you have been using the classic environment until now, the first time you log into PlayPosit 3.0, you might see that My Bulbs is empty. Don't worry, you can easily import your bulbs by following these steps:
- Click Import Classic Bulbs.
- For the bulb you want to activate, click on the triple dots icon at the right hand side, and click Activate.
- You should then be able to click the same triple dots icon and see that you can edit, assign, monitor, etc. that bulb. If you can't, you can click Import Bulbs Status to see if any errors occurred, or email email@example.com.
Some of my bulbs are missing, what happened to them?
Since PlayPosit 3.0 uses a new way of storing and displaying bulbs, we have done our best to copy your bulbs from the previous environment over to PlayPosit 3.0. Sometimes, though, that copying might fail for certain bulbs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice missing content! You can also switch back to Classic View at any time via the sidebar.
I can't see my classes or student data in PlayPosit 3.0?
Although we have copied your bulbs over to the new environment, we are currently not planning to copy your student or class data over. To view your current students and classes, we recommend that you switch back to Classic View via the sidebar. You can also click on Classic Gradebook from a specific class's gradebook page.
What if I don't want to use the new environment right now?
You can submit a request with this form to continue using the classic environment for a little while longer, but we do plan to start moving all of our users over to the new environment soon!
I use an LMS (like Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc.) and want to try this out!
Playposit 3.0 doesn’t currently support LMS integrations yet, but we plan to have those done by summer of 2019. Until then, you’re more than welcome to sign up for a free account and take PlayPosit 3.0 for a test drive!