Getting Started in PlayPosit Without an LMS
- Troubleshooting? Check out our troubleshooting guide.
In this article
Creating a Bulb and adding video
- In My Bulbs, click Add New Bulb to open the Designer.
- Select a video source to add a video.
- Search for a video, select one, and click Done.
- (Optional) Click Customize to add captions, trim the video, or add internal crops.
- To add another video source, click Video Segments on the top navigation bar, then click Add Video.
Using "Add an Interaction"
Click here to learn more about building a Bulb.
- To add an interaction, use the scrub bar to navigate to the desired section of the video. Click Add an Interaction to insert a question at the current playback timestamp.
- Select one of the interaction options:
- Questions refer to interactions that are typically graded, such as multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank questions.
- Annotations refer to interactions that are typically ungraded, such as the reflective pause and web embeds that can be used to provide more information to learners, or provide external file downloads.
- Templates refer to a set of interactions that PlayPosit has pre-formatted to illustrate interesting ways to add interactivity to your Bulb. Click here to learn more about interaction templates.
- (Optional) Click Customize to place your interaction on the sidebar or in a hotspot overlay.
- (Optional) Configure any interaction to stay visible for a set period of time.
4. Click Done to save and close the interaction.
Using the template gallery
- At the top of the page, select Open Template Gallery.
- To learn more about the Template Gallery, click here.
Editing an interaction
To edit an interaction, click the triple dot menu on the right side of the interaction, or click on the interaction's type, position, or timestamp fields.
Configuring Bulb playback
Select the Review tab and open the Playback options. The following playback options are available:
- ⁑Allow learners to rewind after an interaction appears - Learners can rewind as far as the beginning of the video while they are answering an interaction. (Learners can always rewind as far as the beginning of the video after answering an interaction)
- ⁑Allow learners to skip interactions - Learners can choose not to answer interactions and keep watching the video.
- ⁑Allow viewers to fast forward - Viewers can fast-forward up to the next required interaction.
- ⁑Allow learners to retake the Bulb upon completion - Learners can retry an entire Bulb when they are done watching the video, but doing so will set their score back to zero until they finish watching the entire Bulb again. Any notes the learner has taken will be deleted when a learner begins a new attempt.
- **Allow learners to view their printable report - Learners can download a printable worksheet of their answers once the Bulb has been completed. Instructors may enable this option as a way for learners to have a certificate of completion. Learners may use this report to review and study at a later date.
- *Allow learners to increase playback speed - This option will automatically be enabled for all Bulbs. Instructors can now have the option of disabling playback speed so their learners are unable to speed up videos.
- Disable captions for this video - This option will disable the ability for learners to turn on captions and transcripts if available.
- **Hide learner score upon completion - Instructors have the option to hide the learner score when the Bulb is completed. This will prevent learners from seeing a specific percentage score when they complete a Bulb.
- ***Do not mark Bulb complete unless learner scores at least ____ - Learners will have to earn a minimum score in order for a Bulb to be marked as complete. In order for the minimum score requirement to be selected, there must be at least one interaction worth at least one point and the instructor will need to select the option: Allow learners to retake the Bulb upon completion.
⁑ Denotes settings that can be set as default in the instructor’s profile.
* Denotes options that are only available to Pro and Institutional clients.
** Denotes options that are only available to institutional clients.
*** Denotes options that are only available to institutional clients by request. Contact the Account Manager to learn more.
Click here to learn more about the Bulb Settings.
Click Preview to see what your Bulb looks like!
Creating a class and adding students
- Hover over the sidebar and select Classes.
- Click Add New Class, title it, and click Save.
- There are three ways to add learners:
- Learners enter Search Code - learners individually log in to their PlayPosit accounts, click Add Class, and enter their instructor Search Code.
- Learners register via class URL - learners navigate to a class URL that can be found by clicking Upload Learners from within your class.
- Upload learner roster - upload a .csv roster of your learners using a template in the Learner Uploader.
For more information on adding or removing learners from your classes in click here.
- In My Bulbs, click the triple dots menu or the Bulb thumbnail, then click Assign.
- Select a due date for the class the Bulb will be assigned to and click OK.
- Next to the class the Bulb is assigned to, select link.
- Select any options that are applicable under Advanced Settings. Click here to learn more about the Advanced Settings. Then copy the link or embed to assign to learners.
- In My Bulbs, click the triple dots menu or the Bulb thumbnail, then click Monitor.
- Click Monitor for the specific class.
- The Monitor Page will appear for the Bulb that was selected. Click here to learn more about grading Bulbs and using analytics.