How to add/remove learners in PlayPosit 3.0
- This article only applies to users of PlayPosit 3.0 who are not using an LMS.
In this article
How to create a class
- Click Classes in the left sidebar and then select Add New Class.
- Type a name for your class into the input text field and click Save. You can also set a custom folder color for your class that will display to your learners.
In PlayPosit 3.0, you can access all of the functionality for adding learners to or removing learners from a class by clicking on Classes in the left sidebar, and then clicking the Learners icon for the class you want to modify.
How to add learners
Option 1: Learners enter Class Code
To find your Class Code:
- Click Classes in the left sidebar and then choose the class you would like for learners to join.
- Select the Learners tab.
- Next to the Add Learners button is the Class Code. Copy the code and provide it to learners.
- Instruct your learners to log in to https://www.playposit.com with their username/password.
- Instruct your learners to click Join New Class.
- Your learners should paste the Class Code into the search box and then click Search.
- When the class appears, learners should click Join Class.
Option 2: Learners register and join your class
PlayPosit makes it easy for learners to join your class by clicking on a single URL.
- From the Learners tab of the class you want your learners to join, click Add Learners.
- Share the Class URL with your learners, such as through email or your class website.
- After pasting the Class URL, learners will be prompted to log in to PlayPosit or create an account.
- When the learner has logged in, they will see a confirmation that they have successfully joined the class. They can click Continue.
- The learner will now be able to see the class and associated assignments.
Option 3: Upload your learner roster
- From the Learners tab of the class you want your learners to join, click Add Learners to open the learner Uploader.
- Click File to upload your .csv roster.
- (Optional) Download a roster template here and input your learners. Note: Do not make any changes to the titles of the CSV. Learner password must be a minimum of 8 characters, contain at least 1 uppercase and lowercase letter and number, and have no spaces.
How to remove learners
- Click the checkbox next to the learner(s) you want to move. This will cause two options to appear at the top of the list of leaners.
- Click Remove from Class to delete the selected learner(s) from your class. You will see a dialog asking you to confirm this action, and it will give you a chance to download data for the selected learner(s). Click Remove to confirm and close the dialog.
- Otherwise, if the selected learner(s) are enrolled in the wrong class, click Move to Other Class. This will open a dialog prompting you to select a new class, and the dialog will also give you a chance to download data for the selected learner(s). Click Move to confirm and close the dialog.