Broadcast without an LMS in 3.0
- This article only applies to users who navigate directly to the PlayPosit website. If you access PlayPosit through a Learning Management System, see this article instead.
- Note: Discussion Forum questions are not compatible with Broadcast
- Below is a video overview of how to Broadcast without an LMS
In this article
Learn how to broadcast a Bulb without an LMS.
Broadcast: Class Response System
Easily replace your antiquated Clickers with PlayPosit's Broadcast functionality. Project the video and audio from the front of the room, and learners are prompted with questions on their individual devices.
This allows you to:
- Control the pacing
- Interject with additions
- Foster live discussion
- Poll learner results from virtually any device
- Get group feedback for Professional Learning
Start a Broadcast Bulb
Broadcast any Bulb to deliver content synchronously.
- Create a PlayPosit Bulb. Click here for more information about creating Bulbs in 3.0.
- In My Bulbs, locate and click on the Bulb you just created, then click Broadcast.
- The Bulb will open in a new window. Share the Broadcast URL and Broadcast Code with your learners. See below for further directions.
- Once learners have all joined, click Start.
During the Bulb
As the Bulb progresses, instructors can:
- See the number of learners who have answered the question.
- See how many learners chose each answer for Multiple Choice, Checkbox, and polling survey questions. You can also see learner responses for free-response and fill in the blank questions.
After the Bulb
Gain insights into your effectiveness and learn which topics, questions, and learners to target for remediation.
- Click the triple dots icon next to the Broadcast assignment you want to view data on.
- Click on Monitor to open the assignment's grade book to view learners' performance data or grade free responses.
Note: Please note that if you choose to project student responses on the instructor's device, they will not be shown as anonymous as they will present with the rest of the video.
Class analytics coming soon.
Once learners join your Broadcast session, they will see the video on your projected screen. As the Bulb progresses, questions will appear on their individual devices when the video pauses, and will disappear when the instructor continues to play the video.
- Learners log in to their individual PlayPosit accounts.
- Learners can either select Broadcast V3 at the top of the window or navigate directly to https://www.playposit.com/broadcast-v3.
- Learners enter the Broadcast Code (see above) and click Join.
- Learners will now wait for you to begin the bulb. They will receive questions at the appropriate time on their individual devices.
- As the bulb begins, the learners' screens will remain blank. When the bulb pauses for a question, it will pop up on both the learner's and instructor's screen.