Broadcast without an LMS in 3.0
- This article only applies to users who navigate directly to the PlayPosit website. If you access PlayPosit through a Learning Management System, see this article instead.
- Below is a video overview of how to Broadcast without an LMS
In this article
Learn how to broadcast a Bulb without an LMS.
Broadcast: Class Response System
Easily replace your antiquated clickers with PlayPosit's Broadcast functionality. Project the video and audio from the front of the room, and learners are prompted with questions on their individual devices.
This allows you to:
- Control the pacing
- Interject with additions
- Foster live discussion
- Poll learner results from virtually any device
Start a Broadcast Bulb
Broadcast any bulb to deliver content synchronously.
- Create a PlayPosit bulb and assign it to a class. Click here for more information about creating Bulbs in 3.0.
- In My Bulbs, locate and click on the bulb you just created, then click Broadcast.
- The bulb will open in a new window. Click the Copy button to copy the broadcast URL to share with your learners.
- You can select the following options to change the broadcast URL for different user types.
- Share for professional learning - Creates a URL for instructors to take a broadcast bulb. This link type requires logging in to PlayPosit.
- Do not require login - Creates a URL that does not require a learner to login to PlayPosit to complete a broadcast bulb. Their response will be stored as the name that is entered at the beginning of the bulb.
- Do not require learner name - Creates a URL that does not require a learner to enter their name before starting the broadcast bulb. Their response will be stored in the gradebook as an anonymous name. Note: Both Do not require login and Do not require learner name can be selected at the same time. Share for professional learning and Do not require login cannot be toggled on at the same time.
- Once learners have all joined, click Play to begin playing the bulb. Video will only play on the instructor's screen, but interactions will pop up on learner devices as the bulb progresses.
During the Bulb
As the bulb progresses, instructors can:
- See the number of learners who have answered the question.
- See how many learners chose each answer for Multiple Choice, Checkbox, and Polling Survey questions. You can also see learner responses for free-response and fill in the blank questions.
After the Bulb
Note: In order for grades to be completed, the video must be played until the very end. As the instructor, you can scrub forward to the end since learners do not have control over playback.
Gain insights into the effectiveness of specific lessons and learn which topics, questions, and learners to target for remediation.
- Click the triple dots icon next to the Broadcast assignment you want to view data on.
- Click on Monitor to open the assignment's grade book to view learners' performance data or grade free responses.
Note: Please note that if you choose to project student responses on the instructor's device, they will not be shown as anonymous as they will present with the rest of the video.
Class analytics coming soon.
Once learners join your Broadcast session, they will see the video on your projected screen. As the Bulb progresses, questions will appear on their individual devices when the video pauses, and will disappear when the instructor continues to play the video.
- Learners log in to their individual PlayPosit accounts.
- Learners can navigate directly to the broadcast URL supplied by their instructor.
- If a broadcast URL has been created with the setting for Do not require login enabled the student will need to enter in their first and last name in a pop up before starting the broadcast bulb and click Save.
- Learners will now wait for you to begin the bulb. They will receive questions at the appropriate time on their individual devices.
- As the bulb begins, the learners' screens will remain blank. When the bulb pauses for a question, it will pop up on both the learner's and instructor's screen.
Instructor designer view:
Student broadcast view:
Allow Learners to View Report
After a broadcast session is complete, learners can view their completed responses in a printable report. This option can be enabled before or after the broadcast session.
To learn how to enable this option, click here.
To view what learners will see after the bulb is completed, click here