Templates and My Interactions
- This feature is only available for Institutional clients. If interested in this feature, reach out to the Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
In this article
The PlayPosit Designer offers two types of templates to assist you in designing a bulb:
- The template gallery contains bulb templates that apply either multiple interactions at the beginning, middle, or end of your bulb, or durational interactions over the entire length of your bulb.
- Interaction templates are a quick and easy way to add single pre-formatted interactions to your bulb at a specific time.
The template gallery can be accessed in two different ways:
- After adding a video segment, select Apply Template.
- Or, select the Interactions tab and click Open Template Gallery.
The Template Gallery displays a list of templates that will apply sets of interaction types to a bulb.
- Learner Feedback - Add a poll question at the end of the bulb for learners to rate their experience, followed by a free response questions where they can provide more detail.
- Learner Notes - Adds a reflective pause in a hotspot at the beginning of the bulb to teach learners how to use PlayPosit's Notes feature.
- Discussion - Add a discussion forum in the sidebar that lasts the entire bulb so learners can comment at any time.
- Pre/Post Assessment - Add two free response questions in the sidebar at the beginning and end to ask learners what they already know, and what concepts they mastered upon completion.
- Summative Assessment - Add four multiple choice questions in the sidebar at the end of a bulb to prompt learners to reflect on what they learned in this bulb.
- Check for Understanding - Adds five stacked free response and poll questions to evaluate learner understanding.
- One of Each - A template that contains all of the interaction types, evenly spaced throughout the middle of the bulb.
Click Add an Interaction to select a pre-formatted interaction template to a bulb at the specific time shown on the scrub bar:
Click More Options Below to view all of the pre-formatted interaction templates:
Choose from the Templates options:
Adds a specially-formatted fill-in-the-blank question with three blanks, meant for testing vocabulary or other concepts.
Table of contents
Adds a table of contents that users can click through from the sidebar. This table includes all video segments and interactions in the bulb.
Adds a specially-formatted fill-in-the-blank question with three blanks, meant for testing math equations or other concepts.
Place in order
Adds a specially-formatted fill-in-the-blank question with five blanks, meant for testing word matching or other concepts.
Note: Currently the $ symbol is not supported in the equation editor. Please type in the $ symbol from your keyboard instead.
Auto Jumps allow instructors to automatically send learners to a different point in the Bulb without requiring any clicking action from the learner. By utilizing this feature, instructors may enhance the branched learning experience. Note: Auto jumps are designed to only jump forward. Creating an auto jump backward will result in an infinite loop.
To activate an Auto Jump interaction follow the steps below:
- Select Auto Jump under the Templates option.
The Auto Jump interaction will now open in a new popup menu.
Drag and drop the green slider to select the timestamp to which the interaction will automatically jump to when reached in the bulb.
To change when an Auto Jump interaction takes place, click the Timing tab.
Drag and drop the green marker to a new time code.
Click Done to save the new settings for the Auto Jump.
Note: The Auto Jump interaction will always appear in the bottom right corner of the designer and cannot be moved. However, the Auto Jump interaction will not visually appear for learners and will not block the video content or impact the learner viewing experience.
My Interactions is a feature that allows instructors to access interactions from bulbs they have created before, or bulbs on which they are a collaborator. Instructors will then be able to insert those interactions into new bulbs without needing to create them from scratch.
To access the My Interactions option in the designer, follow the steps outlined below:
- Select My Interactions under the template options.
- The My Interactions menu will display with the following options available:
- Search My Interactions - Type in a keyword to search for an interaction by name.
- Filter - Filter to show interactions by type, privacy setting, or interaction type.
- Type - Filter by standard interactions or interactions that belong to a question bank or templates. Click here for information about filtering by templates.
- Privacy - Allows an instructor to filter interactions from bulbs that they own or they are a collaborator.
- Interaction types - Allows an instructor filter by the type of interaction. There can be multiple selections.
Note: If there are multiple types of interactions in a grouped interaction, this will only return results that match the criteria within any given group.
- Include copied interactions - This is enabled by default and it will return all interactions, including ones that were created using My interactions. To remove duplicates from the search, deselect this option.
Note: Copies of interactions that were created after October 7th, 2021 will not be included if deselected.
- Search for interaction(s) to add to the bulb by keywords, filtering by interaction type (standard or question banks), and filtering by privacy. Click Filter to search.
- After a filter is applied, an icon noting the number of filters that have been applied will be displayed next to the filter button in the My interactions window.
- To clear all filters, click Filter, Clear filters, then click Filter.
- As many as 20 results can be displayed at a time. To view more, click Load More at the bottom of the menu.
- Select the checkbox next to the interaction(s) to “queue” it for previewing. If the interaction is one of several stacked interactions, click the drop down arrow to expand the stack.
Note: More than one interaction can be selected from a top level folder or nested level folder. In addition, more than one interaction can be selected from multiple folders in the My interactions window.
- After selecting all of the interactions that need to be previewed, click Preview interactions in the bottom right corner of the My Interactions window.
- When the My Interactions window refreshes, a read-only preview of each selected interaction will be displayed to ensure that the right interactions have been selected.
- To change which interactions have been picked, unselect the checkmark box on the right hand side of the interaction preview. This will remove the interaction from the preview window.
- After all interactions have been selected or removed from the preview window, click Add interactions. This will add the selected interactions to the bulb. These interactions will now show up in the bulb under the Interactions tab.
Save a Template
This feature is in beta testing and is only available to certain institutional clients. Only instructors can save private templates in the PlayPosit designer. Admins users (child or master) can save all types of templates. Please contact your Account Manager to learn more.
The “Save as Template” option allows PlayPosit administrators to provide approved templated interactions to all instructors within the institution. This functionality also allows instructors to save their own interactions for use as a template in future Bulbs.
Templates can be saved from interactions that have been created. Instructors will be able to apply templates to new or existing Bulbs.
To create a template
- Create or identify the interaction you wish to use as the template. If you wish to save only one interaction in a group of interactions as a template, separate it from the group first.
- Click on the triple dot menu next to an existing interaction or group of interactions and select Save as Template.
- Title the template and select the desired privacy setting:
- Template is visible to members of your district/institution: instructors from the entire district and institution can search and use the template. (Only available to admins)
- Template is visible to members of your school/site: Only instructors from the same school as the creator of the template can search and use the template.
- Template is private: The template is only available to the creator of the template. Other instructors cannot search or use the template.
When the name and privacy settings have been finalized, click on Create Template.
To apply a template
- In the Bulb, click Add an Interaction.
- Select My Interactions under the templates section.
- Click Filter.
- Under type, select Templates from the drop down menu. The default privacy setting is to load templates that the instructor owns.
- Templates I own: This will filter for all templates created by the instructor.
- Templates at my school/site: This will filter for all templates created by instructors of the same school or the same site.
- Templates at my district/institution: This will filter for all templates created by all instructors of the district or institution.
- Click Filter.
- After a filter is applied, up to 20 results will be displayed at a time. To view more, click Load More at the bottom of the menu.
- Select the templates to be added for this interaction. Click Preview Interactions.
- To make changes to the template, click on the pencil icon in the top right corner. Only the original creator of the template will be able to make any changes. The name and the privacy setting of the template can be updated. After making changes, click on Update Template.
- To delete a template, click Delete.
Note: If more than one template is selected, this will create a stacked interaction. For more information on stacked interactions, click here.
Note: This is not a method to deselect a template. This will remove the template entirely and you will not be able to search or use the template.
After all templates have been selected, click Add Interactions to add the selected templates to the Bulb. These interactions will appear in the Bulb under the Interactions tab.