Table of Contents
In this article
- What will be included in the table of contents?
- Add and edit the table of contents
- Adjust bulb settings for the table of contents
What will be included in the table of contents?
The following information will be displayed in the table of contents:
- The video segments in the bulb before the table of contents is added.
- The interactions in the bulb before the table of contents is added.
The instructor can edit the items in the table of contents, and when learners take the bulb, they can jump to the desired section by clicking items in the table of contents.
Add and edit the table of contents
- Select Add interaction
- Select Table of Contents under the template section
Edit the text on the list by moving the cursor to it and entering the desired content.
To remove the item from the list, highlight the item and press the Backspace key on the keyboard to delete it.
Instructors can also use the rich text editor to adjust formatting or add other resources to the table of contents. Please see this article for more information about using the rich text editor with interactions.
Adjust bulb settings for the table of contents
- Click the Review tab on the top.
Expand Playback options and select the following options.
- Allow learners to skip interactions
- Apply this option to all existing interactions
- Allow viewers to fast forward
- Click Save Changes.
When is the best time to add the table of contents?
Why turn on fast forward and skip interactions for learners?
How to create bookmarks that will display in the table of contents but not interrupt the video playback?
Add Pause interactions to the crucial parts of the video. Instructors can enter some placeholder texts for the pause interactions.
Follow the instructions in the previous section to create the table of contents and adjust the bulb settings.
Hover over the pause interaction and click the Remove button on the top right of it to delete the pause interaction. Repeat this step to delete all the bookmarks in the bulb.
Now learners can navigate with the items in the table of contents without being disrupted by the pause interaction.