Moodle 4.0 (Deep Linking)
In this article
There are a few simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your Moodle course.
Why use PlayPosit in Moodle?
- Single Sign-on: Instructors and learners are never prompted to enter a separate email, username, or password to create or view content.
- Auto-sync course data: PlayPosit manages learner-course relationships, eliminating the need to manually create courses or upload rosters.
- Auto-sync grades: Learner grades are synced immediately with the Moodle Gradebook at the end of a Bulb or Playlist. As well, instructors can access the rich analytics from any PlayPosit link within Moodle.
- Course copy: Instructors can save time by seamlessly translating PlayPosit links to recurring courses. The new course and learner roster are automatically synced and previous data is cleared.
Assign content to learners
PlayPosit is integrated into your Moodle environment by your administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit content to your course and sync your learner roster.
- Login to Moodle and navigate to the course you would like to connect to PlayPosit.
- Toggle on the Edit mode.
- Select Add an activity or resource.
- Select External Tool.
- Do not enter an Activity Name (this will automatically populate from PlayPosit).
- For Preconfigured Tool, choose PlayPosit.
- Next, click Select Content.
- A PlayPosit setup screen will open. Click Set Link to access your account.
Find the Bulb or Playlist you want to link to this assignment and click the Moodle icon.
- Select the learner experience and click Link:
- Self-Paced - Choose this option if you want learners to take the Bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used).
- Live Broadcast - Choose this option if you want learners to complete the Bulb synchronously in class. Click here to learn more.
- Note: These options are not available when linking a Playlist.
- Optional: Customize the Privacy, Grade, and other settings for this assignment.
- Click Save and Display.
- PlayPosit does not currently abide by due dates set within Moodle. However, instructors can use the Restrict access feature in Moodle to prevent learners from accessing a PlayPosit assignment after the due date. Click here to learn more about this Moodle feature.
- Due to the permissions Moodle allows, if there are multiple video segments in a bulb, learners may have to click Play again when they reach the time stamp of the next video segment in the bulb to continue taking the bulb.
Monitor Learner Responses
- From Moodle, click on the assignment for which you want to view data. This will open Manage Link screen, with the Bulb or Playlist you have attached.
- Click Monitor to view learner analytics. Click here to learn more about PlayPosit Bulb analytics. Click here to learn more about PlayPosit Playlist analytics.
Sync Grades to Moodle
If the content only includes auto-graded questions, then grades will be automatically exported into the Moodle Gradebook.
When you have finished grading any manually graded interactions or edited grades for auto-graded questions, you will need to sync changes with the Moodle Gradebook. To do this;
- Navigate to the Monitor page of the assignment you want to grade.
Here you'll be able to view and score learner data and track progress.
When you are ready to send updated scores to the Moodle gradebook, click Sync Grades.
Optionally, click Check Sync Status to check the status of grade sync, but note that it may take a few minutes to push all updated scores to the Moodle Gradebook.
PlayPosit supports Moodle's course copy feature. This means:
- All PlayPosit links will transfer to the new course.
- If any learners are retaking the course, previous scores will be reset automatically.
PlayPosit/Moodle LTI integration does not support embedding Bulbs using an embed code.
If instructors choose to use the embed code:
- Learners will be prompted to sign into PlayPosit with a username/password.
- Grades will not auto-sync from PlayPosit to Moodle.