Your User Account (Instructors)
- This article applies only to Instructor User Accounts. For information on Admin User Accounts, please view this help article. Please note that students do not have a User Account.
In this article
Navigate to user profile
The User Profile is where account settings, Bulbs defaults, and LMS integrations can be viewed and managed.
- To view the User Profile, navigate to the left side-bar menu and select your name.
New user profile
The updated user profile is now available to view!
To view the old profile, click here.
This section shows the type of account, Bulb attempts, and video uploaded.
- Free account: Limited to 100 Bulb attempts per month. No video uploading.
- Pro account: Unlimited Bulb attempts. Video uploading can be purchased. Click here for more details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Institutional account: Unlimited Bulb attempts. Video uploading will only be available if it was purchased by the institution.
We are currently updating our Google Classroom integration. Until it is finished you can continue to use the current flow in the old profile.
View the email being used. Update name, display name, or profile picture. Note: The display name is the name shown when completing the Bulb as a learner.
Change the password on the account. Note: Updating the password will not affect the password used in your LMS.
Update the Time Zone and copy the Search Code. The Search Code is a unique 8 character string that can be provided to learners to find your class. For more information on how to add learners to your classes, refer to this help article.
When an admin selects an organizational privacy setting, that setting is the default privacy setting for any instructor account created within that license. Individual instructors can then select any privacy setting available in either the profile or on individual Bulb or Playlist privacy settings.
- Bulbs & Playlists are public - Bulbs and Playlists will be visible in Premade Library and Media Library
- Bulbs & Playlists are visible to members of your district/institution - Bulbs and Playlists will be visible to members of just the institution
- Bulbs & Playlists are visible to members of your school/site - Bulbs and Playlists will be visible to only members of the specific school you belong to within the institution
- Bulbs & Playlists are private - Bulbs and Playlists will not be visible in Premade Library or Media Library but can be shared via a direct link to instructors only
Determine playback settings for Bulbs. Note: Bulb defaults will only impact new Bulbs. For more information on Bulb settings, click here.
- Allow learners to rewind during questions - learners will be able to replay sections of the video prior to each question
- Allow learners to skip questions - learners can choose not to answer certain questions and continue playing the video
- Allow learners to fast forward - learners can skip ahead when viewing the video
- Allow learners to retake once completed - learners can choose to re-answer some, or all, questions in the Bulb
- Enable captions on all videos - learners who view the Bulb will have the option to view captions
Hide final score from learners - Instructors have the option to hide the learner score when the bulb is completed. This will prevent learners from seeing a specific percentage score when they complete a Bulb.
Select an interaction type from the drop down menu to select specific default settings. Each interaction will have its own set of available default advanced settings. Note: Interaction defaults will only impact new Bulbs.
These are the integrations currently set up by your organization.
Add or update user IDs for video integrations set up by your organization. Note: Some video host integrations will automatically add your user ID. Click here for more information on video host integrations or reach out to your Account Manager.
General account settings
This section shows the number of bulb attempts available for your PlayPosit account, which varies depending on the type of account you have.
Instructors who have a Google Classroom account can sync their students and rosters with PlayPosit.
- Click Sync With Google Classroom.
- Next, click Allow to sync Google Classroom with PlayPosit.
You can learn more about using Google Classroom with PlayPosit in this help article.
Change profile picture
You can change your profile picture by clicking within the picture frame directly under Profile and uploading an image file up to 2 MB in size.
Your Search Code is an 8 character string assigned to you which allows your students to find your Classes. For more information on the Search Code and adding students to your Classes, refer to this help article.
In this section, you can change the user password that you use to log in to PlayPosit. On the other hand, if you usually access PlayPosit through a LMS portal, such as through Blackboard or Canvas, adding a password to your account will let you login directly from www.playposit.com. Doing so will not affect your LMS password.
Default Bulb settings
Note: These settings are now only available in the new profile. Please refer to the new user profile here.
When an admin selects an organizational privacy setting, that setting is the default privacy setting for any instructor account created within that license. Individual instructors can then select any privacy setting available in either the profile or on individual bulb privacy settings.
- Bulbs are public - bulbs will be visible in Premade bulbs and My Community tab
- Bulbs are visible to members of your district/institution - bulbs will be visible to members of just the institution
- Bulbs are visible to members of your school/site - bulbs will be visible to only members of the specific school you belong to within the institution
- Bulbs are private - bulbs will not be visible in Premade bulbs or My Community but can be shared via a direct link to instructors only
Clicking the big red button labeled Delete User Account will do exactly that! There’s no going back - all your Bulbs, Classes, and account activity will be irrevocably deleted, so be sure you want to delete your account before going anywhere near this button!