Your User Account (Instructors)
- This article applies only to Instructor User Accounts. For information on Admin User Accounts, please view this help article. Please note that students do not have a User Account.
In this article
Navigate to user profile
The User Profile is where account settings, Bulbs defaults, and LMS integrations can be viewed and managed.
- To view the User Profile, navigate to the left side-bar menu and select your name.
This section shows the type of account, Bulb attempts, and video uploaded.
- Free account: Limited to 100 Bulb attempts per month. No video uploading.
- Pro account: Unlimited Bulb attempts. Video uploading can be purchased. Click here for more details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Institutional account: Unlimited Bulb attempts. Video uploading will only be available if it was purchased by the institution.
View the email being used. Update name, display name, or profile picture. Note: The display name is the name shown when completing the Bulb as a learner.
Change the password on the account. Note: Updating the password will not affect the password used in your LMS.
Update the Time Zone and copy the Search Code. The Search Code is a unique 8 character string that can be provided to learners to find your class. For more information on how to add learners to your classes, refer to this help article.
When an admin selects an organizational privacy setting, that setting is the default privacy setting for any instructor account created within that license. Individual instructors can then select any privacy setting available in either the profile or on individual Bulb or Playlist privacy settings.
- Bulbs & Playlists are public - Bulbs and Playlists will be visible in Premade Library and Media Library
- Bulbs & Playlists are visible to members of your district/institution - Bulbs and Playlists will be visible to members of just the institution
- Bulbs & Playlists are visible to members of your school/site - Bulbs and Playlists will be visible to only members of the specific school you belong to within the institution
- Bulbs & Playlists are private - Bulbs and Playlists will not be visible in Premade Library or Media Library but can be shared via a direct link to instructors only
Determine playback settings for Bulbs. Note: Bulb defaults will only impact new Bulbs. For more information on Bulb settings, click here.
- Allow learners to rewind during questions - learners will be able to replay sections of the video prior to each question.
- Allow learners to skip questions - learners can choose not to answer certain questions and continue playing the video.
- Allow learners to fast forward - learners can skip ahead when viewing the video.
- Allow learners to retake once completed - learners can choose to re-answer some, or all, questions in the Bulb.
- Enable captions on all videos - learners who view the Bulb will have the option to view captions.
- Hide final score from learners - Instructors have the option to hide the learner score when the bulb is completed. This will prevent learners from seeing a specific percentage score when they complete a Bulb.
- Allow learners to increase playback speed - This option will automatically be enabled for all bulbs. Instructors can now have the option of disabling playback speed so their learners are unable to speed up videos.
Hide final score from learners - Instructors have the option to hide the learner score when the bulb is completed. This will prevent learners from seeing a specific percentage score when they complete a Bulb.
Select an interaction type from the drop down menu to select specific default settings. Each interaction will have its own set of available default advanced settings. Note: Interaction defaults will only impact new Bulbs.
These are the integrations currently set up by your organization.
Add or update user IDs for video integrations set up by your organization. Note: Some video host integrations will automatically add your user ID. Click here for more information on video host integrations or reach out to your Account Manager.
Click Delete Account in the menu. Then click Delete User Account. There’s no going back - Bulbs, Classes, and account activity will be irrevocably deleted, so be sure you want to delete your account before going anywhere near this button!