Your User Account (Admins)
In this article
Navigating to User Profile
Your User Profile is where you can view your account settings, manage the default settings for your Bulbs, and manage your available LMS integrations.
To access the admin User Profile:
- From your Admin Dashboard, click on your profile name in the left sidebar menu. This will bring you to your User Profile.
New user profile
The updated user profile is now available to view!
Click here to view the updated profile.
This section shows the account is a School Administrator. It also displays Bulb attempts, and video uploaded. Note: Video upload limits will vary depending on if your organization purchased video uploading and how much was purchased.
We are currently updating our Google Classroom integration. Until it is finished you can continue to use the current flow in the old profile.
View the email being used. Update name, display name, or profile picture. Note: The display name is the name shown when completing the Bulb as a learner.
Change the password on the account. Note: Updating the password will not affect the password used in your LMS.
Update the Time Zone and copy the Search Code. The Search Code is a unique 8 character string that can be provided to learners to find your class. For more information on how to add learners to your classes, refer to this help article.
Determine the privacy of your Bulbs.
- Bulbs are public - Bulbs will be visible in Premade Bulbs and My Community tab
- Bulbs are visible to members of your district/institution - Bulbs will be visible to members of just the institution
- Bulbs are visible to members of your school/site - Bulbs will be visible to only members of the specific school you belong to within the institution
- Bulbs are private - Bulbs will not be visible in Premade Bulbs or My Community but can be shared via a direct link to instructors only
Determine playback settings for Bulbs. Note: Bulb defaults will only impact new Bulbs. For more information on Bulb settings, click here.
- Allow learners to rewind during questions - learners will be able to replay sections of the video prior to each question
- Allow learners to skip questions - learners can choose not to answer certain questions and continue playing the video
- Allow learners to fast forward - learners can skip ahead when viewing the video
- Allow learners to retake once completed - learners can choose to re-answer some, or all, questions in the Bulb
- Enable captions on all videos - learners who view the Bulb will have the option to view captions
Select an interaction type from the drop down menu to select specific default settings. ach interaction will have its own set of available default advanced settings. Note: Interaction defaults will only impact new Bulbs.
These are the integrations currently set up by your organization.
Add or update user IDs for video integrations set up by your organization. Note: Some video host integrations will automatically add your user ID. Click here for more information on video host integrations or reach out to your Account Manager.
Update the name of the organization and change the profile picture.
Note: This only applies to institutions that have branding included in their license. Please reach out to your Account Manager for more information.
- Active Color - Changes the main color of the sidebar in the player and in the dashboard.
- Inactive Color - Changes the color of the time code displayed in the player.
- Base Color - Changes the interaction highlight color in the player sidebar.
Toggle Update branding for all schools to overwrites all of the branding for all users in your organization.
Apply Bulb settings to all Bulbs within the organization. Note: Instructors are able to update these settings for individual Bulbs they own. Integrations
View all integrations that are available to the institution. Reach out to your Account Manager about adding more integrations.
General User Settings
This section shows the amount of bulb attempts and storage available for your PlayPosit account, which varies depending on the license agreement.
Change Profile Picture
Change your profile picture by clicking within the picture frame directly under Profile and uploading an image file up to 2 MB in size.
Default Bulb Settings
Note: These settings are now only available in the new profile. Please refer to the new user profile here.
In this section, you can change the user password that you use to log in to PlayPosit. On the other hand, if you usually access PlayPosit through a LMS portal, such as through Blackboard or Canvas, adding a password to your account will let you login directly from www.playposit.com. Doing so will not affect your LMS password.
The settings within this section affect not only your account, but also the accounts of all instructors affiliated with your institution. Please be careful when making changes!
Admins can set the default sharing behavior for their organization's bulbs in this section. When an admin selects an organizational privacy setting, that setting is the default privacy setting for any instructor account created within that license. Individual instructors can then select any privacy setting available in either the profile or on individual bulb privacy settings.
- Bulbs are public - bulbs will be visible in Premade bulbs and My Community tab
- Bulbs are visible to members of your district/institution - bulbs will be visible to members of just the institution
- Bulbs are visible to members of your school/site - bulbs will be visible to only members of the specific school you belong to within the institution
- Bulbs are private - bulbs will not be visible in Premade bulbs or My Community but can be shared via direct link to instructors only
Click here for directions on how to add custom branding. Note: This feature is available to administrators of an institutional or enterprise license if branding is included in that license.
Clicking the big red button labeled Delete User Account will do exactly that! There’s no going back - all your Bulbs, Classes, and account activity will be irrevocably deleted, so be sure you want to delete your account before going anywhere near this button!