Your User Account (Admins)
In this article
Navigating to User Profile
Your User Profile is where you can view your account settings, manage the default settings for your Bulbs, and manage your available LMS integrations.
To access the admin User Profile:
- From your Admin Dashboard, click on your profile name in the top right corner of the screen. This will bring you to My Bulbs.
- Then, click on your profile name in the top right corner of the screen, which will open a sidebar.
- In the sidebar, click on Profile to open up your User Profile.
General User Settings
This section shows the amount of storage available for your PlayPosit account, which varies depending on the type of account you have. The Free License includes 10,000 Minute Bulbs while the individual Pro License offers 100,000 Minute Bulbs of storage. Individuals using institutional licenses have unlimited storage.
Minute Bulb refers to the amount of bandwidth streamed. MB storage refers to the amount of bandwidth streamed. 1 MB is 1 minute of bulb viewing by learners as opposed to 1 minute of a bulb video hosted. For example, let's say 10 students take a 10 min bulb you created - that equals 100 MB used (10 minute bulb x 10 students).
Change Profile Picture
You can change your profile picture by clicking within the picture frame directly under Profile and uploading an image file up to 2 MB in size.
Your Search Code is an 8 character string assigned to you which allows your students to find your Classes. For more information, refer to this help article.
In this section, you can change the user password that you use to log in to PlayPosit. On the other hand, if you usually access PlayPosit through a LMS portal, such as through Blackboard or Canvas, adding a password to your account will let you login directly from www.playposit.com. Doing so will not affect your LMS password.
The settings within this section affect not only your account, but also the accounts of all instructors affiliated with your educational institution. Please be careful when making changes!
Admins can set certain default bulb features for their organization. Available options are:
- Disable instructor-learner chat - disables the ability for students to leave comments for the instructor at any point during the bulb.
- Disable end-of-bulb prompt for feedback - disables the ability for students to leave specific feedback for the instructor at the end of the bulb.
- Hide final score for learners - disables the ability for students to see their final bulb score at the end.
Admins can set the default sharing behavior for their organization's bulbs in this section. Instructors will not be able to change these options within their own screens. Available options are:
- Bulbs are visible to everyone.
- Bulbs are only visible within My Community and accessible via direct link - only members of the same organization can see each other's bulbs.
- Bulbs are private but accessible via direct link.
- Bulbs are completely private and not accessible via direct link.
Admins wishing to customize the PlayPosit designer and player with their organization's logo and branding colors can:
- Upload their organization's logo (Any image file up to 2 MB in size).
- Select an active color, inactive color, and base color (Hex codes in the format #RRGGBB expected, such as #2196f3).
Clicking the big red button labeled Delete User Account will do exactly that! There’s no going back - all your Bulbs, Classes, and account activity will be irrevocably deleted, so be sure you want to delete your account before going anywhere near this button!