Your User Account (Admins)
In this article
Navigating to User Profile
Your User Profile is where you can view your account settings, manage the default settings for your Bulbs, and manage your available LMS integrations.
To access the admin User Profile:
- From your Admin Dashboard, click on your profile name in the left sidebar menu. This will bring you to your User Profile.
General User Settings
This section shows the amount of bulb attempts and storage available for your PlayPosit account, which varies depending on the license agreement.
Change Profile Picture
Change your profile picture by clicking within the picture frame directly under Profile and uploading an image file up to 2 MB in size.
Default Bulb Settings
Instructors can change certain default settings for their bulbs with regard to learner interactions and question point values. However, admins have the ability to set defaults for this setting on bulbs in their organizations. For more information on these default sharing settings for bulbs, please view this help article. If you want to change these sharing settings, please contact your admin.
The settings within this section affect what learners will be able to see and do when they interact with your Bulbs. Any changes made here will only impact new Bulbs created after you save these changes.
- Allow learners to rewind during questions - learners will be able to replay sections of the video prior to each question
- Allow learners to skip questions - learners can choose not to answer certain questions and continue playing the video
- Allow learners to fast-forward - learners can skip ahead when viewing the video
- Allow learners to retake, once completed - learners can choose to re-answer some, or all, questions in the Bulb
- Enable captions on all videos - learners who view the Bulb will have the option to view captions.
Question Point Defaults
The settings within this section affect the default point values of questions that you create for all new bulbs, meaning all bulbs created after you save these changes. Each question can have default values of 0-10 points.
In this section, you can change the user password that you use to log in to PlayPosit. On the other hand, if you usually access PlayPosit through a LMS portal, such as through Blackboard or Canvas, adding a password to your account will let you login directly from www.playposit.com. Doing so will not affect your LMS password.
The settings within this section affect not only your account, but also the accounts of all instructors affiliated with your institution. Please be careful when making changes!
Admins can set the default sharing behavior for their organization's bulbs in this section. When an admin selects an organizational privacy setting, that setting is the default privacy setting for any instructor account created within that license. Individual instructors can then select any privacy setting available in either the profile or on individual bulb privacy settings.
- Bulbs are public - bulbs will be visible in Premade bulbs and My Community tab
- Bulbs are visible to members of your district/institution - bulbs will be visible to members of just the institution
- Bulbs are visible to members of your school/site - bulbs will be visible to only members of the specific school you belong to within the institution
- Bulbs are private - bulbs will not be visible in Premade bulbs or My Community but can be shared via direct link to instructors only
Click here for directions on how to add custom branding. Note: This feature is available to administrators of an institutional or enterprise license if branding is included in that license.
Clicking the big red button labeled Delete User Account will do exactly that! There’s no going back - all your Bulbs, Classes, and account activity will be irrevocably deleted, so be sure you want to delete your account before going anywhere near this button!