Troubleshooting? Check out our guide here.
In this article
There are 3 simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with an itsLearning course.
Set up PlayPosit in itsLearning
Note: The PlayPosit app will only need to be added to the course the first time it is used in each course.
PlayPosit is integrated into the itsLearning environment by the administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit to a course and sync the student roster:
- Log into itsLearning and navigate to a course to connect to PlayPosit.
- Select Resources then click Add under the resources sidebar menu or on the main menu.
- Click on the triple dots and select Browse App Library.
- Locate PlayPosit and click Include this app.
- PlayPosit will now appear under Activities and can be accessed to build, link, or monitor bulbs, PlayPosit’s word for an interactive video learning object.
- Select PlayPosit then click Enter PlayPosit, to access the instructor account. Click here for more information on how to build a bulb.
Assign a bulb to learners
- Navigate to the course where a PlayPosit bulb will be added.
- Select Resources then click Add under the resources sidebar menu or the main menu.
- Under Activities select PlayPosit.
- In the launch window, click Set Link.
- Locate the bulb that will be used in the assignment and click the LMS icon.
- Select the learner experience and click Set Link:
- Self-paced - Choose this option to have learners take the Bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used).
- Broadcast - Choose this option to have learners complete the bulb synchronously in class. Click here to learn more about using Broadcast for synchronous learner response.
- A notification will appear to confirm the bulb was successfully linked.
- Click the Pencil icon to edit the title of the assignment.
Monitor learner responses
- From itsLearning, click on the assignment to view data. This will open the Manage Link launch window, with the bulb that is attached. Click Monitor to view learner analytics. Click here for more information about PlayPosit analytics.
Sync scores to itsLearning gradebook
If the Bulb only includes auto-graded questions (multiple choice, check-all-that-apply, fill-in-the-blank), then grades will be automatically exported into the itsLearning Gradebook. Questions that require manual grading will not sync automatically. For a more detailed description of syncing grades, click here.
Once the instructor has graded free-response questions or auto-graded questions have been manually adjusted, changes will need to be synced with the itsLearning Gradebook. To do this:
- Navigate to the Monitor page of the assignment that needs to be graded from the Manage Link launch window.
- From the Monitor page, view and score learner data. Click here for more information on how to score interactions.
- When updated scores are ready to be synced to the itsLearning gradebook, click Sync Grades.
- Optionally, click the drop-down menu on the Sync Grades button to Check Sync Status. Please note that it may take a few minutes to push all updated scores to the itsLearning Gradebook.