Assign a Bulb with SAML Login
- This article only applies to users assigning bulbs outside of an LMS. If you're using an LMS and you're part of an institutional license, then click here for specific tutorials for your LMS.
- This feature is only available to certain institutional clients who have a SAML integration. Contact your Account Manager to learn more.
- This feature is currently only supported for standard asynchronous Bulbs.
In this article
Assign a Bulb to learners that requires SAML log in
Assign a Bulb
Note: If the class is already created, skip to step 4.
1. Select Classes in the left sidebar and then click Add New Class.
2. Type a name for the class and click Save.
3. To add learners to the class, follow these instructions. However, learners will also be automatically enrolled in the class whenever they take a Bulb that is assigned to that class.
4. Next, go to My Bulbs, click the Bulb thumbnail or the triple dot menu next to the specific Bulb and select Assign.
5. Set a due date and then click Link.
6. Select Advanced settings to expand the available options. Toggle on Require SAML Login.
Note: when Require SAML login is toggled on, certain toggles will become disabled.
Show Embed Code - shows HTML code that can be used to embed the Bulb on another site.
7. Copy and paste the link into your preferred communication channel. Learners who navigate to that link will be prompted to sign in via their SAML portal.
8. After signing in successfully, learners will be redirected to the player and should see a message stating that they are “Attempting as [First Name] [Last Name].”