How to create and assign a playlist in PlayPosit
- This feature is only available to some licenses. If the playlists tab is not on the sidebar, please reach out to the Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
In this article
- What is a playlist?
- Video tutorial
- Playlists page overview
- Create a playlist
- Edit or remove contents in the playlist
- Adjust playlist settings
- Apply minimum completion score
- Preview and assign the playlist
- Monitor the playlist
- Duplicate the playlist
- Collaborate with other instructors on the playlist
What is a playlist?
PlayPosit’s playlist provides a great way for instructors to create a comprehensive interactive learning experience with bulbs, documents, images, and other supplemental materials. Instructors will have full control over the playlist's structure and learners' learning pace. Please click the link below to view the sample playlist.
Playlists page overview
Please navigate to the Playlists page by clicking the playlists icon on the sidebar menu. Instructors will find the following information on the Playlists page.
Add new playlist: Open the playlist designer and start building a new playlist. Please follow the instructions in the next section to create a playlist.
Search: Search playlists based on keywords in the title.
Playlist’s creation date
Actions button: Click the action button to expand the menu. Instructors can take the following actions to the playlist.
- Edit: Open the playlist in the playlist designer and continue editing it.
- Preview: Preview the playlist.
- Monitor: View learners' responses to this playlist. Please see this article for more information about monitoring the playlist.
- Assign: Assign the playlist to PlayPosit classes for learners. If the playlist is assigned through an LMS, please follow the workflow in this article.
- Collaborate: Add other instructors as collaborators to this playlist. Please see more information about collaborating on playlists in this article.
- Duplicate: Create a copied playlist in the instructor’s account.
- Share a copy: Generate a copy link for sharing. When other instructors open the link, they will be asked to copy the playlist into their account.
- Delete: Delete the playlist.
Create a playlist
- Click Add New Playlist on the playlists page.
- Edit the title for the playlist and change the theme color with the slide bar.
- Click Add Module and create a module to host content in this playlist. There must be at least one module in the playlist, and the instructor can create multiple modules for a playlist if needed.
- Click the module title to rename the module.
- (Optional) If the instructor wants to create a new bulb for the playlist, please select "Create New Bulb" on the top to open the bulb designer in a new tab. After the new bulb is created, please follow the steps below to add it to the playlist. Please see this article for more information about creating bulbs in PlayPosit.
- Click Add Bulbs to import bulbs that are in the My Bulbs library.
- Select the bulbs by clicking the import icon in front of them. Once all the desired bulbs are selected, click Add Bulbs on the top right to import those bulbs. Note: The bulbs can be reordered or moved to different modules after importing.
- (Optional) Instructors can also add Learner Made Bulb into the playlist as an item by clicking the import icon in front of them. Once all the desired bulbs are selected, click Add Bulbs on the top right to import those bulbs. Please also see this article for more information about Learner Made Bulb.
- Click Add Other to import other supplemental resources to the playlist.
- On the slide-out window, instructors can:
- Add Attachment: Upload a file in PDF, DOC, CSV, or image format to the playlist. The image file name will be the alternative text for the image and will be read out by the screen reader.
- Add Web Embed: Paste the URL to the input section to embed the website into the playlist. Please note the URL must be in “HTTPS://” format to be embeddable. Also, some websites might block the ability to be embedded. Please try alternate resources if the website is not embeddable.
- Add Text Item: Enter the title and text content that will be displayed in the playlist. The title will also show on the table of contents.
- Reorder each item in the playlist by dragging and dropping them on the table of contents.
Edit or remove contents in the playlist
Click on the gear icon. There will be three options:
- Bulb Settings: Adjust the bulb's tags, playback options, and privacy settings. Please see this article for more information about bulb settings.
- Edit Bulb: Open the bulb in the bulb designer to edit it.
- Remove Bulb: remove the bulb from this playlist. The bulb will still be in the instructor’s My Bulbs library.
Hover over the text, and click on the gear icon. Edit the title and description on the slide-out window, or click Delete text to delete it.
Web Embeds & Files
Hover over the item and click on the remove icon to remove the item from the playlist.
Adjust Playlist settings
Lock progression: If the toggle is on, the items in the playlist will be locked, and learners will need to complete the item to unlock the next item in the playlist.
Adjust whether this playlist will be displayed in the Premade bulbs library. The visibility settings will not affect whether the learners can access this playlist.
- Public: The bulb will be visible to all PlayPosit users in Premade bulbs library’s All PlayPosit section.
- Visible to members of your district/institution: Other instructors from the same district/institution can view and copy this bulb.
- Visible to members of your school/site: Only instructors from the same school/site can view and copy this bulb.
- Private: not listed in the Premade bulb library.
Toggle on to provide the certificate to learners upon completion of the playlist. Click the input sections to upload a customized badge and signature to the certificate, and click Preview Certificate to preview it.
Instructors can incorporate Badgr or Credly micro-credentials into their playlists. Please see these two articles for more information.
Apply minimum completion score
When the minimum completion score is applied to the bulb, learners will need to meet the minimum score to mark the bulb as complete. If the lock progression is also enabled in this playlist, learners will need to meet the minimum scores to unlock the next item in the playlist and move forward.
- Click the gear icon behind the bulb, and select Bulb settings.
- Expand the Playback options, check the Allow learners to retake the bulb upon completion option, and click Save.
- Click the gear icon again, and select Bulb settings.
- Expand the Playback options, check the Do not mark bulb complete unless learner scores at least___ option, and enter the minimum completion score for this bulb.
- Click Save to save the progress.
- When the minimum completion score is applied to the bulb, there will be a score icon with the minimum score next to the bulb icon to indicate that this bulb has a minimum completion score.
Preview and Assign the playlist to PlayPosit classes
Preview the playlist
There are two options to preview the playlist:
- In the playlist editor, toggle the edit mode to preview mode with the toggle on the top right.
- On the Playlists page, click the playlist icon or the triple dot icon, and select Preview.
Please note that the lock progression and minimum completion scores will not have effects in the preview mode.
Assign the playlist
- Click Assign on the top right in the playlist designer or select Assign from the action menu.
- Select the desired class, and enter the due date.
- Click Link behind the class to view the assign link.
- (Optional) Expand the advanced settings to adjust the link type and target audiences:
- Require SAML Login: Learners will need to log in with SAML login before taking the playlist. Please see this article for more information about SAML login.
- Show Embed Code: Generate an embed code to embed this playlist to a website.
- Learners: Users will need to log in with a learner account to access this playlist.
- Instructors: Users will need to log in with an instructor account to access this playlist. This setting can be used for professional learning. Please see more information about professional learning in this article.
- Public: Users do not need to log in to access this playlist.
- Instructor OR Learner: Users need to log in to access this playlist with either instructor or learner account.
- Copy the link or QR code, and share it with learners.
Monitor the playlist
Please see this article for more information about monitoring the playlist.
Duplicate the Playlist
Make a copied version of your playlist.
- Click the playlist icon or the triple dot icon of the desired playlist, and select duplicate.
- Select Copy & Edit to copy the playlist and open the designer to edit it. Select Copy Only to copy the playlist. Instructors can still edit the playlist afterward.
Collaborate with other instructors on the playlist
Please see this article for more information about collaborating with other instructors on building playlists.