Classes page in PlayPosit
In this article
- Adding new classes to PlayPosit
- View and edit bulbs in the class
- Monitor learners’ grades for each class
- Edit learners roster for each class
- Export data
- View owner/collaborator of the class
- Other actions to adjust and manage classes
Adding new classes to PlayPosit
- Click on Add New Class on the top.
Enter the class name, set the color for the new class folder, and click Save to create the new class.
From the Learning Management System (LMS)
Once a bulb is linked to the course in the LMS, it will automatically populate a class folder on the classes page. The classes generated from the LMS will have the LMS icon in front of them.
From Google Classroom
Please follow the instructions in this article to import Google classroom to PlayPosit.
View and edit bulbs in the class
- Click on the class name or the bulb icon behind it to go to the Bulbs page.
On the Bulbs page, instructors can find all the bulbs assigned to this class. If playlists are also assigned to this class, please click Manage Playlists to view and edit them.
Click on the thumbnail image or the triple dots icon of the desired bulb to open the menu with more options for the bulb.
- Edit Bulb: Open the bulb in the bulb designer for instructors to continue editing it.
- Collaborate: Add other instructors as collaborators to this bulb.
- Modify due date: Update the due date for the selected bulb.
- Monitor: Open the monitor page for this bulb to view learners’ responses to it.
- Preview: Preview the bulb in a new tab. Please note that information entered in the preview mode will not be saved.
- Remove: remove the bulb from the class. Instructors can still find the bulb in their My Bulbs library.
Monitor learners' grades for each class
- Click on the Gradebook icon to go to the Gradebook page.
On the Gradebook page, instructors can see learners’ grades for each bulb and click on the grade for more detailed information.
Click on the bulb’s name on the top to view the selected bulb’s monitor page, which provides more in-depth information on learners’ responses to the bulb. To exit the monitor page, please click on the back button on the browser.
Edit learners roster for each class
- Instructor’s email address
- Class name
- Names or emails for learners that need to be removed
Click on the Learners icon to go to the Learners page.
On the Learners page, instructors can see learners’ names, emails, how many bulbs they have attempted, and how long they have spent taking bulbs.
If learners lose their passwords, instructors can provide them with their unique secondary password, which will allow learners to reset their passwords.
Please click the Add Learners button on the top to add learners to the class. There are three options to enroll learners in the class.
- Class code: Share the class code with learners, and they can type in the code on their classes page to enroll in the class.
- Class URL: Share the class URL with learners. They will automatically enroll in the class when they click on the link.
- Instructor upload learners: Create a learners roster with this template, and upload it to the class. Learners will then find this class on their classes page.
- Create Groups for learners:
- Only licenses that include the Peer Review feature can create learner groups. Please see this article for more information about peer review.
- If the class is linked to Canvas, please use the group settings in Canvas to create groups for learners. Please see this article for more information about the Canvas group.
- Click on the Groups button on the top, and enter a name for the group set.
- Click on Add Group to create groups.
- Drag the learner's name into the desired group.
- Click on Save and Close
To export data on each page into a CSV file, please click on the Data Export icon on the top right of each page.
In the CSV file export from the Bulbs page, instructors can find the following information:
- Bulb ID
- Bulb name
- Learning objective
- Points for the bulb
- View count
- Duration of the bulb
- Dates when the bulb is created, updated, and assigned to this class.
In the CSV file export from the Gradebook page, instructors can find the following information:
- Learner ID
- Learner name
- Names of the bulbs in this class
- Available points for each bulb
- Learners’ grades for each bulb, if learners start taking the bulb but haven’t completed it yet, their grade will mark with “-%.” And if they haven’t started the bulb, their grade will mark with “-.”
In the CSV file export from the Learners page, instructors can find the following information:
- Learner ID
- Learner name
- Secondary password
- Bulb attempts
- Time spent on taking bulbs
View owner/collaborator of the class
- Go into the class's folder, and click on Collaborate on the top left.
Instructors can see who owns the class and who are collaborators of this class.
Other actions to adjust and manage classes
Click on the triple dots icon behind the class to open the actions menu. There are three actions:
- Edit: edit the class name and class folder’s color.
- Collaborate: Add other instructors as collaborators to this class. Instructors can select the collaborator’s role as an instructor or teaching assistant by clicking on the pen icon. Please see this article for more information about these two roles' differences.
Archive: Archive when the class is no longer needed. Please toggle on the show archived classes option on the top to see the archived classes.