In this article
Link your Kaltura account with PlayPosit
If you do not see any of your Kaltura videos in the PlayPosit designer, follow the steps below:
- From the dashboard, scroll over the side panel menu and select your name.
Scroll down to User Integrations.
Find your Kaltura username/ID. In Kaltura, click on the settings gear and then click My User Settings.
Enter your Kaltura username/ID in your PlayPosit profile tab and click Request Approval. An email will be sent within 8 business hours upon approval.
It is also possible to request user ID changes in the PlayPosit Designer:
- Launch the PlayPosit designer and click on Kaltura in the video source stepper.
- Click the pencil icon.
- Enter the new username and click the checkmark icon.
- An email will be sent within 8 business hours upon approval.
Adding Kaltura videos to PlayPosit
The PlayPosit integration with Kaltura allows institutional partners to add interactivity and accountability to all hosted video content. Once the integration is completed by the administrator, instructors/designers can pull Kaltura content into PlayPosit following the steps below:
- Navigate to the PlayPosit dashboard and click ADD NEW BULB.
- On the Video Source panel, select KALTURA to access your library of hosted videos. Depending on how your institution has opted to set this up, you will have access to all content or only the content owned by you.
- Find the video you'd like to pull into PlayPosit by entering a Search/Filter term or scroll through the list of videos
- Once you select a video, you can change the title, add captions, and trip/crop your video. Once you're finished, click DONE.
- Now you are ready to begin adding interactions into your Kaltura-hosted video. To learn more on building a PlayPosit Bulb with the video, click here.
Note: If the Kaltura button is not available to you, this means your institution has not purchased Kaltura or Kaltura has not been set up by your administrator