In this article
Link your Kaltura account with PlayPosit
If Kaltura videos are not appearing in the PlayPosit designer, follow the steps below:
- From the dashboard, select your name from the left sidebar menu to open the User Profile.
Scroll down to User Integrations.
Find your Kaltura username/ID. In Kaltura, select the settings gear and then click My User Settings.
Enter your Kaltura username/ID in the User Profile and click Request Approval. An email will be sent within 8 business hours upon approval.
It is also possible to request user ID changes in the PlayPosit Designer:
- Launch the PlayPosit designer and select Kaltura from the video source.
- Click the pencil icon.
- Enter the new username and click the checkmark icon.
- An email will be sent within 8 business hours upon approval.
Add Kaltura videos through the Kaltura library
The PlayPosit integration with Kaltura allows institutional partners to add interactivity and accountability to all hosted video content. Once the integration is completed by the administrator, instructors/designers can stream Kaltura content in PlayPosit following the steps below:
- Navigate to the PlayPosit dashboard and click Add New Bulb.
- On the Video Source menu, select Kaltura to access your library of hosted videos. Depending on how your institution has opted to set this up, you will have access to all content or only the content owned by you.
- Find a Kaltura video in PlayPosit by entering a Search/Filter term or scroll through the list of videos.
- Once the video is selected, change the title, add captions, and trim/crop the video. Then click Done.
- Interactions can now be added to the Kaltura-hosted video. To learn more about building a PlayPosit Bulb, click here.
Note: If the Kaltura button is not available to you, this means your institution has not purchased Kaltura or Kaltura has not been set up by your administrator.
Note: Captions that are available in Kaltura will automatically be fetched and added to the PlayPosit player. For more information on how to enable captions automatically, click here.
Add Kaltura videos by URL
PlayPosit now supports Kaltura URLS.
1. Under the Video Source menu, select Input URL.
2. Paste in the Kaltura URL and select Done.