In this article
Note: PlayPosit only supports MP4 streams from Mediasite.
Link your Mediasite account with PlayPosit
If you do not see any of your Mediasite videos in the PlayPosit designer, follow the steps below:
- From the dashboard, scroll over the side panel menu and select your name.
Scroll down to User Integrations.
Enter your Mediasite username/ID and click Request Approval. You'll receive an email within 24 hours upon approval.
It is also possible to request user ID changes in the PlayPosit Designer:
- Launch the Designer and click on Mediasite in the video source stepper.
- Click the pencil icon.
- Enter the new username and click the checkmark icon.
- An email will be sent within 8 business hours upon approval.
Add interactivity to a Mediasite video
The PlayPosit integration with Mediasite allows institutional partners to add interactivity and accountability to all hosted video content. Once the integration is completed by the administrator, instructors/designers can pull Mediasite content into PlayPosit following the steps below:
- Navigate to the PlayPosit dashboard and click ADD NEW BULB.
- Select Mediasite to access your library of hosted videos. Depending on how your institution has opted to set this up, you will have access to all content or only the content owned by you.
- Note: If the Mediasite button is not available to you, this means your institution has not purchased Mediasite, or Mediasite has not been set up by your administrator.
- Find the video you'd like to pull into PlayPosit by entering a Search/Filter term or scroll through the list of videos.
- Once you have selected a video, you can change the title, add captions, and trim/crop your video. Once you're finished, click Done.
Note: Captions that are available in Mediasite will automatically be fetched and added to the PlayPosit player. For more information on how to enable captions automatically, click here.
Now you are ready to begin adding interactions into your Mediasite-hosted video. To learn more about building a PlayPosit bulb with the video, click here.
Mediasite search queries
Lucene supports single and multiple character wildcard searches within single terms (not within phrase queries).
- To perform a multiple character wildcard search use the "*" symbol.
- Multiple character wildcard searches look for 0 or more characters. For example, to search for test, tests or tester, you can use the search: test*
- You can also use the wildcard searches in the middle of a term. te*t
Mediasite content permission:
When a co-editor of a Bulb adds a Mediasite video from their Mediasite account, the co-editor must specifically grant the owner of the Bulb "read-only" permissions within Mediasite.
The bulb owner must be the same as the Mediasite content owner, or the learners will see the following error message when launching the bulb.
Please follow the instructions in this article to transfer the bulb’s ownership to the owner of the Mediasite content to prevent this issue.