Troubleshooting? Check out our guide here.
Why use PlayPosit in Blackboard Ultra?
- Single Sign-on: Instructors and learners are never prompted to enter a separate email, username or password to create or view content
- Auto-sync course data: We manage learner-course relationships, eliminating the need to manually create courses or upload rosters
- Auto-sync grades: Learner grades are synced immediately with the Blackboard gradebook at the end of a bulb. As well, instructors can access the rich analytics from any PlayPosit link within Blackboard.
- Co-instructor collaboration: Multiple instructors, instructional designers and TAs can access their own PlayPosit content and manage any shared course content, like bulbs and analytics.
- Course copy: Instructors can save time by seamlessly translating PlayPosit links to recurring courses. The new course and learner roster is automatically synced and previous data is cleared.
In this article
There are simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your Blackboard course.
Set up PlayPosit in Blackboard
PlayPosit is integrated into your Blackboard environment by your administrator. Follow the steps below to add PlayPosit to your course and sync your student roster.
- Login to Blackboard and navigate to the course you would like to connect to PlayPosit.
- Click on the + button
- Select Content Market and find PlayPosit
- Click Get Started to access your Pro account
Note: If you have not previously created a PlayPosit account, following the steps above will automatically generate an account for you.
Assign a bulb to students
- On the course content page, click the + button
- Select Content Market an find PlayPosit
- Click Get Started. PlayPosit will open and you will see your bulbs library.
- Locate the bulb you want. Click on the Title > Set Bulb Link
- Select the learner experience:
- Self-paced-- Choose this option if you want students to take the bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used)
- Broadcast-- Choose this option if you want to project the bulb live, in class and have all students take the bulb together. Start/stop time and pacing of the video is controlled by the instructor, while students answer projected questions from their own device (like a clicker).
- The bulb has successfully been assigned to the course
- For advanced options, find the bulb link you just created and click Edit from the triple dot menu
Here you can edit the assignment title, add a description, change the point value, and adjust other settings. By default, all assignments are worth 100 points.
Note: All point adjustments must be made prior to students starting the assignment. Adjust points after will require instructors to manually export grades.
Monitor student responses
In Blackboard, click on the assignment for which you want to view data and click Monitor. Learn more about the data analytics and how to score student responses here.
Sync grades to Blackboard Grade Center
If your bulb only includes auto-graded questions (multiple choice, check-all-that-apply, fill-in-the-blank), then grades will be automatically exported into the Blackboard gradebook.
If you have graded free response questions or edited grades for auto-graded questions, you will need to sync changes with the Blackboard Grade Center. To do this:
- Navigate to the Monitor page
- Click Sync
- Click Status to check the status of the student grade export. Note: It may take a few minutes to push all updated scores into the gradebook.
PlayPosit supports Blackboard's course copy feature. This means:
- All PlayPosit links and bulbs will transfer to the new course
- If any students are retaking the course, previous scores will be reset automatically
Note: Instructors must launch at least one PlayPosit link in the new course to activate all bulbs. Clicking on one link will activate all others.