Professional Development (through an LMS)
- Note: This feature is only available for those with institutional or enterprise licenses.
For institutions that do not use an LMS, see this link instead.
In this article
Professional development with PlayPosit
There are a myriad of reasons and ways to use PlayPosit for Professional Development:
- Enhance video training with interactivity to drive knowledge retention and engagement
- Use Learner-Made Bulbs to reflect on recordings of teaching
- Present to a live audience using Broadcast to get actionable data during and after training sessions
- Get feedback at the end of training videos to generate additional data on the success of the program
Assign a professional development Bulb
Using an LMS to organize PlayPosit Bulbs for professional development is very similar to using one for typical education:
- Create a Class to be used for PD in your LMS. Add Instructors to the class in a Student role.
- Add PlayPosit content as an assignment. Click Here to find help specific to your LMS.
- Instructors access and complete the assignment through the LMS. Click here for more information on the learner workflow that instructors will utilize.
- If you enabled grade passback, review the instructors' scores in your LMS' gradebook. Note that Free Response questions will need to be manually reviewed and scored in PlayPosit. Click Here for more information about grading in PlayPosit.
There is also the option to assign PD outside of your LMS, which does not include the ability to pass grades back. For more information on this method, please view this help article.
Use Learner Made Bulbs to have instructors submit recordings of their lessons. Both instructors and coaches can then add annotations at important time points to the recordings.
Coaches can then copy submissions and assign them to cohorts to showcase best practices or truly exemplary lessons.
To assign a Learner Made Bulb, click on the arrow next to Add New Bulb and select Add Learner Made Bulb. Then, follow the directions in the Assign section to assign and share it.
Professional Learning Communities
Instructors can share Bulbs that they have created, either to solicit feedback or to showcase their best work. The Preview Link lets other instructors preview the lesson as a learner would see it.
There are many great ways to publicize this content:
- Embed Bulbs in a shared intranet website
- Post links in an LMS group
- Use an internal newsletter to regularly share highlights
Learner Lounges can be a very effective way to inspire innovation. Highlight the exemplary instructors and lessons and reduce workload by sharing resources and expertise.
Content shared in Lounges can be formally graded assignments (using the PD workflow explained above), or informative Bulbs shared using the Preview Link option.
- Create digital resource banks and pre-approved curriculum
- Post samples of best practices
- Post Bulbs showcasing new pedagogical practices
- Tweet links and tag your PLC group for even more exposure