- This feature is only available for those with institutional or enterprise licenses.
- For institutions that wish to use a LMS to deliver PD, see this link instead.
- Below is a quick video overview of how to use PlayPosit for professional development without a LMS.
In this article
Learn how to assign and take Professional Development using your Admin Dashboard.
There are myriad reasons and ways to use PlayPosit for Professional Development:
- Enhance video training with interactivity to drive knowledge retention and engagement
- Use Learner-Made Bulbs to reflect on recordings of teaching in the classroom
- Present to a live audience using Broadcast to get actionable data during and after training sessions
- Get feedback at the end of training videos to generate additional data on the success of the program
Administrators and Professional Learning Coaches
This feature is only available for those with institutional or enterprise licenses.
Assign a Bulb to Instructors
- Log in to PlayPosit.com.
- On the side panel menu, select Classes.
- Create a PD Class to organize the Bulbs that you will assign.
- Create a Bulb to be used for PD. See this link for more help creating a Bulb.
- Consider using Learner-Made Bulbs to assist in Mentor-Mentee relationships.
- In your My Bulbs library, click on the icon of the Bulb to Assign it to the PD Class.
- Select the course you would like to assign the Bulb to and choose a due date.
- Once a due date is set, the Assign Link will appear under the course that the bulb is assigned to.
- Once you click Get assign link, toggle on Share for professional learning under the Advanced settings. This will allow you to share the link with colleagues who have PlayPosit instructor accounts and automatically enroll them in the professional development course you've created.
Monitor and Grade Instructor Responses
Monitoring and Grading of PD Bulbs is done identically to Bulbs assigned to normal students. See this article for more information.
Instructors as Students
Instructors become the Students in the Professional Development arm of PlayPosit. Administrators create classes and assign content to Instructors.
Take a bulb
Once you've received a link to a PD assignment, click on it and log in with your username and password.
View previously taken PD
All previously taken PD bulbs get saved to your PlayPosit account.
- Log in to PlayPosit.com with your normal credentials.
- On the side panel menu, select My Classes.
- Find the appropriate Course and Assignment.