Professional Development (without an LMS)
- This feature is only available for those with institutional or enterprise licenses.
- For institutions that wish to use an LMS to deliver PD, see this link instead.
In this article
Learn how to assign and take Professional Development using your Admin Dashboard.
There are myriad reasons and ways to use PlayPosit for Professional Development:
- Enhance video training with interactivity to drive knowledge retention and engagement
- Use Learner-Made Bulbs to reflect on recordings of teaching in the classroom
- Present to a live audience using Broadcast to get actionable data during and after training sessions
- Get feedback at the end of training videos to generate additional data on the success of the program
Administrators and Professional Learning Coaches
Structure PD classes and material using PlayPosit. Create classes with Instructors as Students and assign them Bulbs to be taken for credit. Monitor progress and instructor responses and gather important data about instructor mastery and assignment efficacy.
Use Learner Made Bulbs to have instructors submit recordings of their lessons. Both instructors and coaches can then add annotations at important time points to the recordings. Coaches can then copy submissions and assign them to cohorts to showcase best practices or truly exemplary lessons.
Assign a Bulb to Instructors
- Log in to PlayPosit.com.
- On the side panel menu, select Classes.
- Create a PD Class to organize the Bulbs that you will assign.
- Create a Bulb to be used for PD. See this link for how to create a Bulb.
- Consider using Learner-Made Bulbs to assist in Mentor-Mentee relationships.
- In your My Bulbs library, click on the icon of the Bulb to Assign it to the PD Class.
- Select the course you would like to assign the Bulb to and choose a due date.
- When a due date is set, the Assign Link will appear under the course that the bulb is assigned to.
- Once you click Get assign link, toggle on Share for professional learning under the Advanced settings. This will allow you to share the link with colleagues who have PlayPosit instructor accounts and automatically enroll them in the professional development course you've created.
Monitor and Grade Instructor Responses
Monitoring and Grading of PD Bulbs is done the same way as Bulbs assigned to students. See this article for more information.
Professional Learning Communities
Instructors can share Bulbs that they have created, either to solicit feedback or to showcase their best work. The Preview Link lets other instructors preview the lesson as a learner would see it.
There are many great ways to publicize this content:
- Embed Bulbs in a shared intranet website
- Post links in an LMS group
- Use an internal newsletter to regularly share highlights
Learner Lounges can be a very effective way to inspire innovation. Highlight the exemplary instructors and lessons and reduce workload by sharing resources and expertise.
Content shared in Lounges can be formally graded assignments (using the PD workflow explained above), or informative Bulbs shared using the Preview Link option.
- Create digital resource banks and pre-approved curriculum
- Post samples of best practices
- Post Bulbs showcasing new pedagogical practices
- Tweet links and tag your PLC group for even more exposure
Instructors as Students
Instructors become the Students in the Professional Development arm of PlayPosit. Administrators create classes and assign content to Instructors.
Take a bulb
Once you've received a link to a PD assignment, click on it and log in with your username and password.
View previously taken PD
All previously taken PD bulbs get saved to your PlayPosit account.
- Log in to PlayPosit.com with your normal credentials.
- On the side panel menu, select My Classes.
- Find the appropriate Course and Assignment.