- Troubleshooting? Check out our guide here.
In this article
There are a few simple steps to integrate PlayPosit with your Blackboard course.
Why use PlayPosit in Blackboard?
- Single Sign-on: Instructors and learners are never prompted to enter a separate email, username or password to create or view content.
- Auto-sync course data: PlayPosit manages learner-course relationships, eliminating the need to manually create courses or upload rosters.
- Auto-sync grades: Learner grades are synced immediately with the Blackboard Gradebook at the end of a bulb. As well, instructors can access the rich analytics from any PlayPosit link within Blackboard.
- Course copy: Instructors can save time by seamlessly translating PlayPosit links to recurring courses. The new course and learner roster is automatically synced and previous data is cleared.
Assign a bulb to students
- Login to Blackboard and navigate to the course you would like to connect to PlayPosit.
- Navigate to an existing content area, or create a new content area.
- In the content area, click Build Content or Tools and select PlayPosit Interactive Video from the drop-down.
- Name your first bulb link and click Submit.
- (Optional, but recommended) Set Enable Evaluation to Yes if you want scores to auto-export into the gradebook.
- (Optional, but recommended) Enter the Points Possible.
- (Optional, but recommended) Set a Due Date.
- Click the link you just created in Blackboard to launch PlayPosit Setup page. Click Set Bulb Link to access your bulb library.
- Find the bulb you want to link to this assignment and click the Blackboard icon.
- Select the learner experience and click Set Bulb Link
- Self-Paced - Choose this option if you want students to take the bulb individually, on their own device, at their own time (most commonly used).
- Live Broadcast - Not available on PlayPosit 3.0, but coming soon
- That's it! Your bulb has been successfully assigned to learners.
Monitor student responses
- From Blackboard, click on the assignment for which you want to view data. This will open Manage Bulb Link, with the bulb you have attached.
- Click Monitor to view learner analytics.
Sync grades to Blackboard Gradebook
If your bulb only includes auto-graded questions (multiple choice, check-all-that-apply, fill-in-the-blank), then grades will be automatically exported into the Blackboard Gradebook. For more information on automated grading, please view this help article.
If you have graded free response questions or edited grades for auto-graded questions, you will need to sync changes with the Blackboard Gradebook. To do this:
- From Blackboard, navigate to the Monitor page of the assignment you want to grade.
- Here you'll be able to view and score learner data and track progress.
- When you are ready to send updated scores to the Blackboard gradebook, click Sync Grades.
Optionally, click Check Sync Status to check the status of grade sync, but note that it may take a few minutes to push all updated scores to the Blackboard Gradebook.
Course copy with LTI tools like PlayPosit works differently depending on your institution's version of Blackboard. Click here to determine which version of Blackboard you are using.
Blackboard version 3300 or greater
Blackboard version 3300 or greater supports course copy with all PlayPosit links. This means:
- All PlayPosit bulbs and links will transfer to the new course.
- If any students are retaking the course, previous scores will be reset automatically.
Blackboard version 3200 and below
Blackboard version 3200 and below does not currently support course copy for LTI tools like PlayPosit. Once an instructor copies a course, all PlayPosit bulbs must be re-linked:
- Navigate to a content page and click on a bulb link.
- This will launch the PlayPosit Setup page. Click Set Bulb Link to access your bulb library.
Find the bulb you want to link to this assignment and click the Blackboard icon.
- Select the learner experience and Save.
Embedding a bulb
PlayPosit/Blackboard LTI integration does not support embedding bulbs using an embed code.
If instructors choose to use the embed code:
- Students will be prompted to sign into PlayPosit with a username/password
- Grades will not auto-sync from PlayPosit to Blackboard